|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Student Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jung introduced to Nietzsche?
(a) He was given a book of Nietzsche's work.
(b) He heard about him before he read his work.
(c) He met him in the library.
(d) He took a class with him.
2. What does Jung say he remembers from his childhood?
(a) Only scattered fragments of events.
(b) Not everything, only some things.
(c) Almost everything that happened.
(d) Only a few key moments.
3. What terrifying experience was Jung marked by from his childhood?
(a) Running away from a Jesuit.
(b) Rescuing his father from their burning house.
(c) His father's poverty and bankrupcty.
(d) Stealing pears from an orchard.
4. What did Jung think about God?
(a) He thought God existed and was both kind and terrible.
(b) He thought God was wrathful and harsh.
(c) He thought God was essentially love and goodness.
(d) He thought that God was just a character in fairy tales.
5. Carl Gustav Jung shared his name with whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A former German Emperor.
(d) His great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What result does Jung's blasphemous dream have?
2. What does Jung say he realized held the greatest meaning for him as he grew older?
3. How was Jung's thesis received?
4. What dream of Jung's shows his feelings about religion?
5. What did the event convince Jung to believe?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)