|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The School Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What result does Jung's blasphemous dream have?
(a) He flees from the church and never returned.
(b) He ponders religion seriously.
(c) He begins to lie about his faith.
(d) He forces himself to continue religious practice.
2. What did Jung's father's dislike for Jesuits probably stem from?
(a) The Catholic/Protestant divide.
(b) Centuries of Catholic persecution.
(c) A Jesuit had killed his father.
(d) Jesuit treatment of Natives in North America.
3. What claim did Jung make for the mind?
(a) It warps truth around to protect the ego.
(b) It is selective in what it remembers.
(c) It blinds itself to painful experiences, and returns to them later.
(d) It claims and keeps all experiences.
4. What was Jung afraid of as a child?
(a) Men in large groups.
(c) Men in black frocks.
(d) His father.
5. Where was Jung raised?
(a) In England near the coast.
(b) In France near the Swiss border.
(c) In Germany near the Dutch border.
(d) In Switzerland near the German border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jung consult with about his feelings about God and religion?
2. What does Jung say he realized held the greatest meaning for him as he grew older?
3. What kinds of conversations were standard fare in Jung's childhood household?
4. Carl Gustav Jung shared his name with whom?
5. What profession did Jung's uncles work in?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)