|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, On Life After Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the actual event that changed Jung's perspective on his studies?
(a) Lightning entered the dining room, touched all the silverware, and exited.
(b) A knife and table split.
(c) He saw his father's face in a mirror.
(d) His mother heard God's voice.
2. What terrifying experience was Jung marked by from his childhood?
(a) His father's poverty and bankrupcty.
(b) Rescuing his father from their burning house.
(c) Stealing pears from an orchard.
(d) Running away from a Jesuit.
3. How did Jung's beliefs about God affect his thinking?
(a) Jung fostered his disbelief in private, and prepared to run away from his family.
(b) Jung felt deeply guilty and afraid of damnation.
(c) It made Jung feel like a hypocrite, since he didn't believe what he was saying in church.
(d) Jung tried to stop thinking certain things for fear of blasphemy.
4. Whose company did Jung enjoy during his African travels?
(a) A native guide.
(b) A Japanese traveler.
(c) A Muslim guide.
(d) A European woman.
5. What is the central symbol of alchemy?
(a) An emerald tablet.
(b) The wheel of fortune.
(c) A golden wheel.
(d) The medicine wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jung drawn to alchemy?
2. What plan of treatment led Jung to his breakthrough?
3. How did Jung feel about religious practice as a child?
4. What did Jung find when his wife died, and his children were all grown up?
5. How does Jung convey the depth and truth of his experiences in travel?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)