|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hadrian when Marullinus casts the horoscope that says Hadrian will one day rule the world?
2. In his reminiscence of education, Hadrian says that he will always be grateful to which of the following individuals for making him study Greek?
3. After discussing the murder of the leader in the Mauretanian revolt, Hadrian says that it reminds him of the proscriptions of which individual that stained the reputation of Augustus?
4. When Hadrian is named a judge, in which of the following areas does he specialize?
(a) Petty theft.
5. As "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122" opens, Hadrian states that which of the following people are concerned only with reopening trade between Rome and India?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals does Hadrian consider his most dangerous enemy?
2. As "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149" opens, Hadrian mentions that he once tried tainted meat because it was a delicacy among which people?
3. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," how is Aelius Hadrianus Afer related to Hadrian?
4. While vising Chaeronea, Hadrian spends two days as the guest of which of the following famous Greek philosophers and writers?
5. When discussing the craftsmen he takes with him on his travels, Hadrian says that he offered which of the following individuals a Latin secretaryship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hadrian admit in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149" about his feelings on belonging?
2. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," how does Hadrian say Trajan has changed during the Dacian war in comparison to how he was when he welcomed Hadrian in Cologne twenty years earlier?
3. According to "Animula Vagula Blandula," what kind of diet does Hadrian prefer, and how does that differ from the common Roman diet?
4. When discussing his early education, how does Hadrian say he feels about Greek?
5. Describe what happens to Hadrian when he rides to take news of Domitian's death to his cousin Trajan.
6. As Hadrian begins to question Trajan's military policy, what reason does he give for Trajan's obsession with war?
7. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92" opens, what is Hadrian's view of Trajan's wars?
8. Explain Hadrian's thoughts on building, as discussed in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149."
9. Describe the major political event in Rome that occurs toward the end of "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49."
10. Describe Hadrian's thoughts when he begins to feel himself divine in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149."
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)