|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his villa is complete, Hadrian gives a series of banquets and discovers a love for women playing which of the following instruments?
(c) Wind harp.
2. During their stay in Antioch, which of the following individuals tells Antinous and Hadrian the story of "The Bride of Corinth"?
3. Hadrian grows angry with a writer during his first discussions of his life at the villa and summons the writer to tell him that he is exiled. What is the writer's name?
4. After his reflections on his own genetic makeup Hadrian says he completes the revision of which city's constitution?
5. After Antinous' death, which of the following individuals is a member of an Orphic cult that declares suicide a crime and, thus, tends to focus on the sacrificial aspect of the death?
6. Hadrian returns to Rome after he leaves Greece in "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" and writes which document to codify the administration of Italy?
(a) Perpetual Edict.
(b) Eternal Declaration.
(c) Roma Perpetua.
(d) Declaration of Administration.
7. Which of the following individuals dies shortly after Hadrian names Lucius his successor?
8. At which city does Hadrian meet with a nameless priestess when he begins plans to establish the cult of Antinous?
9. Upon returning to Alexandra after the visit to the magician in Canopus, Antinous convinces which individual to return to the magician with him?
10. After the uncovered assassination plot, which of the following individuals increases the security around Hadrian in fear of a new revenge plot?
(c) Marcius Turbo.
11. After their trip to make sacrifices on Mount Casius in Antioch, Hadrian and his troops continue to Jerusalem. Hadrian intends to rebuild the city nearly destroyed by which emperor?
12. Upon returning to Rome in "Disciplina Augusta, 251-271," Hadrian once again takes up his friendship with which of the following individuals?
13. At the end of "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," Hadrian grows angry with his bumbling secretary. Which part of the man's body does Hadrian seriously injure?
14. To which of the following famous sites does Hadrian travel with his wife soon after the death of Antinous?
(b) Alexander's tomb.
(c) Cleopatra's tomb.
15. When Antinous joins the Mithraic cult after a merchant suggests that he do so, in which city does the initiation rite take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Antinous decides on a tutor, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals, a Stoic philosopher, asks his permission to retire from service by suicide?
2. As "Saeculum Aureum, 171-189" opens, Hadrian reports that Antinous has become infatuated with passages by which famous writer and philosopher?
3. When Hadrian and Antinous make their way to Mantinea they find that the temple to which god has fallen into ruins?
4. When discussing how he began to involve himself with other lovers, to Antinous' disgust, Hadrian says that he forced Antinous to endure the presence of a courtesan in which city?
5. Which of the following individuals does Hadrian order executed due to an assassination plot uncovered after Lucius' adoption?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)