|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After traveling to Jerusalem Hadrian arrives in Alexandria, but his arrival there is kept quiet until which other individual arrives?
2. After discussing the Jewish rebellion in Jerusalem, Hadrian takes a young tribune named _________ as his new aide?
3. Hadrian discusses his travels after the installment of Antinous in his life. Outside which city do the local officials draw up enormous fires for Hadrian's troops?
4. While discussing his options for a successor, Hadrian mentions all BUT WHICH of the following individuals?
(b) Julius Severus.
(c) Marcius Turbo.
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
5. When Antinous joins the Mithraic cult after a merchant suggests that he do so, in which city does the initiation rite take place?
6. As "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211" opens, Hadrian reunites with his wife Sabina; he notes that she now surrounds herself with women of what profession?
7. During their stay in Alexandria, Hadrian, and Antinous embark on a hunting expedition for which of the following animals?
8. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
9. Hadrian finally decides to adopt Lucius, thus making him successor. Which of the following names does Lucius take after the adoption?
10. Hadrian talks about his reproach of Trajan for waiting twenty years to name a successor. How many years has Hadrian evaded the same issue?
11. To which of the following individuals does Hadrian give the responsibility of cleaning up during the Jewish rebellion in Jerusalem?
12. When Hadrian and Antinous make their way to Mantinea they find that the temple to which god has fallen into ruins?
13. Upon returning to Alexandra after the visit to the magician in Canopus, Antinous convinces which individual to return to the magician with him?
14. Which of the following individuals declares Antinous dead after his body is found in the river?
15. After the Jewish protests over Greek literature in schools, which of the following individuals lets his nephew die rather than accept a Greek doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to Greece in "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian sets out to rebuild which city?
2. As "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251" opens, things are going badly with which religious group?
3. After his reflections on his own genetic makeup Hadrian says he completes the revision of which city's constitution?
4. While discussing his sadness at how things change despite his attempts to immortalize them, Hadrian says science has been at a standstill since which famous individual?
5. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)