|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following individuals dies shortly after Hadrian names Lucius his successor?
2. Hadrian talks about his reproach of Trajan for waiting twenty years to name a successor. How many years has Hadrian evaded the same issue?
3. At the end of "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian says that his once-turbulent relationship with which individual has cooled to a general indifference?
4. When discussing his early relationship with Antinous, Hadrian says that his new companion was born in which city?
5. In "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," which of the following individuals is an informer and spy for Rome?
(a) Elias Ben-Abayad.
(d) Joshua Ben-Kisma.
6. Hadrian discusses at length his favorite poets after Antinous' death. Which of the following wrote a long poem about Lydia, his deceased wife, and is one of Hadrian's favorites?
7. Upon returning to Alexandra after the visit to the magician in Canopus, Antinous convinces which individual to return to the magician with him?
8. While in Alexandria Hadrian is visited by a Jew named Akiba from Jerusalem. For how many days do the two argue about renovations in Jerusalem?
9. As he talks about how Antinous came to be part of his life, Hadrian compares him to which animal?
10. After Hadrian forbids the Jews from reestablishing themselves in Jerusalem, they settle in all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
11. Which of the following individuals alerts Hadrian that Antinous has gone missing in "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211"?
12. Upon returning to Alexandria after their hunting trip, which of the following poets arranges a special entertainment for Hadrian and Antinous?
13. While discussing his sadness at how things change despite his attempts to immortalize them, Hadrian says science has been at a standstill since which famous individual?
14. During the ceremony to inter Antinous' body, a sprig of what plant is placed upon his chest?
15. Upon returning to Rome in "Disciplina Augusta, 251-271," Hadrian once again takes up his friendship with which of the following individuals?
Short Answer Questions
1. After their trip to make sacrifices on Mount Casius in Antioch, Hadrian and his troops continue to Jerusalem. Hadrian intends to rebuild the city nearly destroyed by which emperor?
2. Which of the following individuals dies toward the end of "Disciplina Augusta, 251-271"?
3. When Hadrian and Antinous make their way to Mantinea they find that the temple to which god has fallen into ruins?
4. When discussing his relationship with his body in "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," Hadrian says that he suddenly feels which of the following emotions?
5. When discussing his lack of children, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals was right to boast that he had Victories for daughters?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)