|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hadrian talks about his reproach of Trajan for waiting twenty years to name a successor. How many years has Hadrian evaded the same issue?
2. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
3. When discussing how he began to involve himself with other lovers, to Antinous' disgust, Hadrian says that he forced Antinous to endure the presence of a courtesan in which city?
4. Hadrian returns to Rome after he leaves Greece in "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" and writes which document to codify the administration of Italy?
(a) Roma Perpetua.
(b) Perpetual Edict.
(c) Eternal Declaration.
(d) Declaration of Administration.
5. When Hadrian states that if the collapse of Rome happens it will concern his successors, he mentions that it is which year of the Roman era?
6. When the Olympieion is dedicated in Greece, the country bestows all BUT WHICH of the following titles on Hadrian?
(c) Master of All.
(d) Friend of Greece.
7. Upon returning to Athens after Antinous' death, with which friend does Hadrian stay?
8. As "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" opens, to which of the following cities does Hadrian return?
9. Which of the following individuals alerts Hadrian that Antinous has gone missing in "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211"?
10. During their stay in Antioch, which of the following individuals tells Antinous and Hadrian the story of "The Bride of Corinth"?
11. To which of the following individuals does Hadrian give the responsibility of cleaning up during the Jewish rebellion in Jerusalem?
12. At which city does Hadrian meet with a nameless priestess when he begins plans to establish the cult of Antinous?
13. When discussing his remaining family, Hadrian states that which jealous relative is still alive?
14. After the uncovered assassination plot, which of the following individuals increases the security around Hadrian in fear of a new revenge plot?
(d) Marcius Turbo.
15. After his reflections on his own genetic makeup Hadrian says he completes the revision of which city's constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211" opens, Hadrian reunites with his wife Sabina; he notes that she now surrounds herself with women of what profession?
2. Hadrian finally decides to adopt Lucius, thus making him successor. Which of the following names does Lucius take after the adoption?
3. At the end of "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," Hadrian grows angry with his bumbling secretary. Which part of the man's body does Hadrian seriously injure?
4. When Antinous joins the Mithraic cult after a merchant suggests that he do so, in which city does the initiation rite take place?
5. As "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171" opens, Hadrian has passed the summer in which area?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)