|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patientia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Patientia," Hadrian expresses concern over things to be done at all BUT WHICH of the following locations?
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," how is Aelius Hadrianus Afer related to Hadrian?
3. During their stay in Alexandria, Hadrian, and Antinous embark on a hunting expedition for which of the following animals?
4. Which of the following individuals becomes Hadrian's most vehement critic shortly after his marriage?
5. Upon growing bored in Alexandria, Hadrian and his company visit a magician in Canopus. What animal does Antinous insist upon sacrificing to destiny?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
2. When Hadrian and Antinous make their way to Mantinea they find that the temple to which god has fallen into ruins?
3. In "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," which of the following individuals is an informer and spy for Rome?
4. After his discussion of food and diet, which of the following emotions does Hadrian say can "unsettle the soul"?
5. When the first reports of the Parthian campaign come in, which of the following major cities has fallen to Rome?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)