|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patientia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hadrian says, while considering suicide, that an emperor is not supposed to take his own life unless forced for reasons of State. Which individual does Hadrian cite as an example?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Mark Antony.
2. Upon returning to Rome in "Disciplina Augusta, 251-271," Hadrian once again takes up his friendship with which of the following individuals?
3. As "Patientia" opens, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals wrote him a letter?
(c) Marcius Turbo.
4. Toward the end of "Patientia," Hadrian states that peace will again establish itself, and that all BUT WHICH of the following words will regain their meaning?
5. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
(b) Lusius Quietus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hadrian is initiated into a religious cult, the ceremony takes place on the banks of which river?
2. Which of the following is a young physician to whom Hadrian turns for help with his death after the huntsman refuses?
3. At which city does Hadrian meet with a nameless priestess when he begins plans to establish the cult of Antinous?
4. During Hadrian's first speech in the tribunal, he is laughed at for which of the following?
5. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)