|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the ceremony to inter Antinous' body, a sprig of what plant is placed upon his chest?
2. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
3. As Hadrian discusses his tomb, readers learn that it is placed along the bank of which river?
4. After discussing various sculptors, Hadrian includes a quote: "Trahit sua quemque voluptas." What is the translation he provides for this quote?
(a) Each to his own bent.
(b) Beauty is in every figure.
(c) Life is but fleeting.
(d) The body leaves its mark.
5. After Antinous decides on a tutor, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals, a Stoic philosopher, asks his permission to retire from service by suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," what is the name of Trajan's niece, also Hadrian's mother-in-law?
2. After discussing his travels in Greece, Hadrian says that he holds his post as governor of Syria for how long when Trajan comes to him at Antioch?
3. As "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211" opens, Hadrian reunites with his wife Sabina; he notes that she now surrounds herself with women of what profession?
4. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
5. After examining Hadrian, his doctor is alarmed at the Emperor's condition and blames which young physician who has been attending him?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)