|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," which of the following individuals is an informer and spy for Rome?
(a) Elias Ben-Abayad.
(d) Joshua Ben-Kisma.
2. What is the name of Trajan's grandniece, to whom Hadrian is married at twenty-eight?
3. As he talks about how Antinous came to be part of his life, Hadrian compares him to which animal?
4. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
5. After Nerva's death, Hadrian sets out to take the news to his cousin. Whose servants attack Hadrian on the way?
Short Answer Questions
1. Readers learn in Hadrian's discussion of his self-observation that he is almost how old?
2. In "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian refers to which actor as his Greek partridge?
3. After Antinous decides on a tutor, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals, a Stoic philosopher, asks his permission to retire from service by suicide?
4. After taking command of his own legion and performing well, Hadrian receives what token from Trajan?
5. In which area does Hadrian say he effected a number of civil reforms, as discussed in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)