|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antinous joins the Mithraic cult after a merchant suggests that he do so, in which city does the initiation rite take place?
2. After examining Hadrian, his doctor is alarmed at the Emperor's condition and blames which young physician who has been attending him?
3. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
4. Which religious group appeals to Hadrian for a defense of their faith shortly after he begins work on the cult of Antinous?
5. When talking about the cities he establishes, Hadrian mentions the city of Hadrianotherae. In which region is this city located?
(b) Asia Minor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," what is the only thing Trajan respects at once?
2. Upon growing bored in Alexandria, Hadrian and his company visit a magician in Canopus. What animal does Antinous insist upon sacrificing to destiny?
3. As "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122" opens, Hadrian states that which of the following people are concerned only with reopening trade between Rome and India?
4. While discussing his childhood, Hadrian says that though officially a Roman emperor is said to be born in Rome, he was actually born where?
5. In which area does Hadrian say he effected a number of civil reforms, as discussed in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)