|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Nerva's death, Hadrian sets out to take the news to his cousin. Whose servants attack Hadrian on the way?
2. During the sight-seeing trip with his wife which is meant to cheer him, Hadrian realizes that it would be Antinous' birthday; how old would he have been had he lived?
3. Hadrian discusses his travels after the installment of Antinous in his life. Outside which city do the local officials draw up enormous fires for Hadrian's troops?
4. In "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122," Hadrian regrets that he must fire a friend. He says that he sometimes counts which individual among his human victims?
(a) Lucius Quietus.
(b) Marcius Turbo.
5. What animal is sacrificed as part of the ritual when Hadrian is initiated into the religious cult?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251" opens, things are going badly with which religious group?
2. After examining Hadrian, his doctor is alarmed at the Emperor's condition and blames which young physician who has been attending him?
3. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
4. When discussing the craftsmen he takes with him on his travels, Hadrian says that he offered which of the following individuals a Latin secretaryship?
5. Hadrian considers his life and decides that the life of which of the following is simple?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)