|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 189-211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he talks about how Antinous came to be part of his life, Hadrian compares him to which animal?
2. Which of the following statues does Hadrian NOT purchase for his native city of Italica during his stay in Alexandria?
3. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Eight million.
(c) Fifteen thousand.
(d) Two million.
4. While discussing his childhood, Hadrian says that though officially a Roman emperor is said to be born in Rome, he was actually born where?
(a) Asia Minor.
5. During the Sarmatian war Hadrian makes a practice of sending rash and ambitious soldiers back to Rome and replacing them with what kind of people?
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
2. As "Saeculum Aureum, 171-189" opens, Hadrian reports that Antinous has become infatuated with passages by which famous writer and philosopher?
3. After discussing the honors paid to Trajan after his death, Hadrian says that Rome has changed but he has promised himself to save it from the petrification of all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
4. In his discussion of the cities he establishes, Hadrian says that which of the following cities is one he cares least to revisit but to which he has devoted more pains?
5. While discussing his doctor visit, Hadrian comments that a man does not practice medicine for 30 years without some ______________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)