|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 189-211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Alexandria Hadrian is visited by a Jew named Akiba from Jerusalem. For how many days do the two argue about renovations in Jerusalem?
2. Readers learn in Hadrian's discussion of his self-observation that he is almost how old?
3. As "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122" opens, Hadrian states that which of the following people are concerned only with reopening trade between Rome and India?
4. During their stay in Antioch, which of the following individuals tells Antinous and Hadrian the story of "The Bride of Corinth"?
5. As he announces his intention to write his autobiography, Hadrian mentions his secretary who was named ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing the honors paid to Trajan after his death, Hadrian says that Rome has changed but he has promised himself to save it from the petrification of all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," what is the name of Trajan's niece, also Hadrian's mother-in-law?
3. As he writes about his death, Hadrian says that he may die in all BUT WHICH of the following places?
4. When discussing how he began to involve himself with other lovers, to Antinous' disgust, Hadrian says that he forced Antinous to endure the presence of a courtesan in which city?
5. After Hadrian's comments about Trajan's view of war, which of the following friends dies?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)