|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 189-211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hadrian discusses his tomb, readers learn that it is placed along the bank of which river?
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is currently emperor of Rome?
3. Readers learn in Hadrian's discussion of his self-observation that he is almost how old?
4. Which of the following individuals comes to Hadrian's aid with Trajan in Antioch, when Hadrian fears he is losing his position as Trajan's heir?
5. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
Short Answer Questions
1. While reflecting on his life Hadrian says that he has been a lover of art, though not to the extent of which of the following emperors?
2. As "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122" opens, Hadrian states that which of the following people are concerned only with reopening trade between Rome and India?
3. As Hadrian continues to discuss old age, sickness, and death, he comments that which of the following basic joys is deserting him?
4. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
5. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)