|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 189-211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon returning to Alexandra after the visit to the magician in Canopus, Antinous convinces which individual to return to the magician with him?
2. As "Saeculum Aureum, 171-189" opens, Hadrian reports that Antinous has become infatuated with passages by which famous writer and philosopher?
3. How old is Hadrian when Marullinus casts the horoscope that says Hadrian will one day rule the world?
4. When the Senate tries to confer upon Hadrian the title of "Father of the Country," he refuses, citing that which other emperor only accepted this title late in life?
5. After Nerva's death, Hadrian sets out to take the news to his cousin. Whose servants attack Hadrian on the way?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing how he began to involve himself with other lovers, to Antinous' disgust, Hadrian says that he forced Antinous to endure the presence of a courtesan in which city?
2. After examining Hadrian, his doctor is alarmed at the Emperor's condition and blames which young physician who has been attending him?
3. When Hadrian is sent to the first Sarmatian war with the title of governor of Pannonia, how long does the conflict last?
4. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is Hadrian's cousin?
5. Which of the following individuals becomes Hadrian's most vehement critic shortly after his marriage?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)