|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tellus Stabilita, 122-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing the murder of the leader in the Mauretanian revolt, Hadrian says that it reminds him of the proscriptions of which individual that stained the reputation of Augustus?
2. After discussing his travels in Greece, Hadrian says that he holds his post as governor of Syria for how long when Trajan comes to him at Antioch?
(a) Nine months.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six weeks.
3. As he writes about his death, Hadrian says that he may die in all BUT WHICH of the following places?
4. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Eight million.
(c) Two million.
(d) Fifteen thousand.
5. After taking command of his own legion and performing well, Hadrian receives what token from Trajan?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his discussion of food and diet, which of the following emotions does Hadrian say can "unsettle the soul"?
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is Hadrian's cousin?
3. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," what is the name of Trajan's niece, also Hadrian's mother-in-law?
4. What animal is sacrificed as part of the ritual when Hadrian is initiated into the religious cult?
5. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49" opens, readers learn that which of Hadrian's relatives is a man named Marullinus?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)