|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tellus Stabilita, 122-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
2. Which of the following individuals becomes Hadrian's most vehement critic shortly after his marriage?
3. After discussing his political enemies, Hadrian says that which of the following individuals organizes life with a view of serving him?
(a) Neratius Priscus.
(c) Lusius Quietus.
4. After discussing various sculptors, Hadrian includes a quote: "Trahit sua quemque voluptas." What is the translation he provides for this quote?
(a) Life is but fleeting.
(b) Beauty is in every figure.
(c) The body leaves its mark.
(d) Each to his own bent.
5. Toward the end of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian states that there are people he's seen often that he won't recognize where?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hadrian goes to Pelusium to mediate the disagreements between the Greeks and Jews, he is forced to spend how many days in a courtroom over the matter?
2. What animal is sacrificed as part of the ritual when Hadrian is initiated into the religious cult?
3. While reflecting on his life Hadrian says that he has been a lover of art, though not to the extent of which of the following emperors?
4. As "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149" opens, Hadrian mentions that he once tried tainted meat because it was a delicacy among which people?
5. After a massive earthquake destroys much of Antioch, Trajan allows members of which religion to be blamed and massacred for the natural disaster?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)