|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tellus Stabilita, 95-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing his childhood, Hadrian says that though officially a Roman emperor is said to be born in Rome, he was actually born where?
(a) Asia Minor.
2. As Hadrian continues to discuss old age, sickness, and death, he comments that which of the following basic joys is deserting him?
3. While discussing his doctor visit, Hadrian comments that a man does not practice medicine for 30 years without some ______________.
4. In discussing his early challenges as emperor, Hadrian says that he is forced to take military action in Mauretania because a revolt is forming under which of the following individuals?
(a) Lucius Quietus.
(c) Marcius Turbo.
5. For what action is Hadrian reproached shortly after his marriage has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is sacrificed as part of the ritual when Hadrian is initiated into the religious cult?
2. When the Senate tries to confer upon Hadrian the title of "Father of the Country," he refuses, citing that which other emperor only accepted this title late in life?
3. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
4. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
5. Which of the following individuals becomes Hadrian's most vehement critic shortly after his marriage?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)