|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49" opens, readers learn that which of Hadrian's relatives is a man named Marullinus?
2. For what action is Hadrian reproached shortly after his marriage has taken place?
3. As Hadrian continues to discuss old age, sickness, and death, he comments that which of the following basic joys is deserting him?
4. As Hadrian talks about his dislike of Roman feasts he mentions that he prefers the cuisine in which of the following countries?
5. When Hadrian is named a judge, in which of the following areas does he specialize?
(b) Petty theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
2. While discussing his military service, Hadrian mentions that he rose to the rank of tribune in which of the following legions?
3. After taking command of his own legion and performing well, Hadrian receives what token from Trajan?
4. During Hadrian's first speech in the tribunal, he is laughed at for which of the following?
5. While reflecting on his life Hadrian says that he has been a lover of art, though not to the extent of which of the following emperors?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)