|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing his childhood, Hadrian says that though officially a Roman emperor is said to be born in Rome, he was actually born where?
(b) Asia Minor.
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," how is Aelius Hadrianus Afer related to Hadrian?
3. At the close of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian says that when philosophers have nothing more to tell us it is excusable to turn to which of the following?
4. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," what is the only thing Trajan respects at once?
5. While discussing his military service, Hadrian mentions that he rose to the rank of tribune in which of the following legions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," Hadrian states that he has sought which of the following more than power?
2. While discussing his relationships with the women around him, Hadrian says that he'd like to see them after all BUT WHICH of the following events?
3. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
4. Toward the end of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian states that there are people he's seen often that he won't recognize where?
5. In his discussion of life Hadrian comments that his nature seems to be made up of equal parts of instinct and _________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)