|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of life Hadrian comments that his nature seems to be made up of equal parts of instinct and _________.
2. When Hadrian is transferred to Macedonica, under which of the following legions does he serve?
3. At the close of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian says that when philosophers have nothing more to tell us it is excusable to turn to which of the following?
4. As Hadrian discusses his life he says that all BUT WHICH of the following seem nebulous and fleeting as a phantom?
5. During Hadrian's first speech in the tribunal, he is laughed at for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing his doctor visit, Hadrian comments that a man does not practice medicine for 30 years without some ______________.
2. In his reminiscence of education, Hadrian says that he will always be grateful to which of the following individuals for making him study Greek?
3. When Hadrian is named a judge, in which of the following areas does he specialize?
4. As Hadrian continues to discuss old age, sickness, and death, he comments that which of the following basic joys is deserting him?
5. Which of the following individuals becomes the new emperor in "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)