|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religious group appeals to Hadrian for a defense of their faith shortly after he begins work on the cult of Antinous?
2. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
3. As Hadrian talks about his dislike of Roman feasts he mentions that he prefers the cuisine in which of the following countries?
4. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
(a) Lusius Quietus.
5. When talking about various types of art, Hadrian says that which of the following cultures has chosen man as the center?
Short Answer Questions
1. In discussing his early challenges as emperor, Hadrian says that he is forced to take military action in Mauretania because a revolt is forming under which of the following individuals?
2. While talking about books, Hadrian accuses which author of making life lighter than it is?
3. As "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171" opens, Hadrian has passed the summer in which area?
4. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," how is Aelius Hadrianus Afer related to Hadrian?
5. At the close of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian says that when philosophers have nothing more to tell us it is excusable to turn to which of the following?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)