|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After traveling to Jerusalem Hadrian arrives in Alexandria, but his arrival there is kept quiet until which other individual arrives?
2. During the sight-seeing trip with his wife which is meant to cheer him, Hadrian realizes that it would be Antinous' birthday; how old would he have been had he lived?
3. Toward the end of "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian mentions that which of the following individuals has died?
4. When Hadrian and Antinous make their way to Mantinea they find that the temple to which god has fallen into ruins?
5. During their stay in Alexandria, Hadrian, and Antinous embark on a hunting expedition for which of the following animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hadrian grows angry with a writer during his first discussions of his life at the villa and summons the writer to tell him that he is exiled. What is the writer's name?
2. When discussing relations with the Parthians, Hadrian says that he expects Marcus to continue the peace that has lasted for how many years?
3. As he writes about his death, Hadrian says that he may die in all BUT WHICH of the following places?
4. After discussing his travels in Greece, Hadrian says that he holds his post as governor of Syria for how long when Trajan comes to him at Antioch?
5. Hadrian and Antinous visit a temple under construction in Greece. Antinous feeds a ____________ that is brought there to consecrate the sanctuary upon its completion.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)