|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Jewish rebellion in "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," how many years does it take to recapture Jerusalem?
2. After his return to Greece and rebuilding of a city, Hadrian says that which individual is 12 years younger and the best of his friends?
3. After discussing various sculptors, Hadrian includes a quote: "Trahit sua quemque voluptas." What is the translation he provides for this quote?
(a) The body leaves its mark.
(b) Life is but fleeting.
(c) Beauty is in every figure.
(d) Each to his own bent.
4. After discussing his travels in Greece, Hadrian says that he holds his post as governor of Syria for how long when Trajan comes to him at Antioch?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
5. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hadrian mentions in "Tellus Stabilita, 122-149" that a friend in Rome took him to see Epictetus as a young boy shortly before which emperor ordered that man's exile?
2. When Hadrian is sent to the first Sarmatian war with the title of governor of Pannonia, how long does the conflict last?
3. When Hadrian is attacked by a slave he sends the man to work in the mines; he says that which of the following cities would have survived had it shown some generosity?
4. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
5. After the Jewish protests over Greek literature in schools, which of the following individuals lets his nephew die rather than accept a Greek doctor?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)