|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," what is the name of Trajan's niece, also Hadrian's mother-in-law?
2. When Hadrian is transferred to Macedonica, under which of the following legions does he serve?
3. When Hadrian opens schools in Jerusalem that teach Greek literature, which of the following is a rabbi who orders his people only to study such things in the hour that is neither night nor day?
4. When discussing relations with the Parthians, Hadrian says that he expects Marcus to continue the peace that has lasted for how many years?
5. Which of the following individuals declares Antinous dead after his body is found in the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
2. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," which of the following individuals is Trajan's wife who persuades him to let Hadrian write his speeches?
3. Hadrian discusses his travels after the installment of Antinous in his life. Outside which city do the local officials draw up enormous fires for Hadrian's troops?
4. After Hadrian's arrival in Macedonica, which of the following individuals is killed?
5. When Trajan's will is finally written, and Hadrian learns that he will be Trajan's successor, which of the following individuals is the first to salute him as emperor?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)