|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hadrian discusses his life he says that all BUT WHICH of the following seem nebulous and fleeting as a phantom?
2. As Hadrian discusses his tomb, readers learn that it is placed along the bank of which river?
3. When Antinous joins the Mithraic cult after a merchant suggests that he do so, in which city does the initiation rite take place?
4. Hadrian considers his life and decides that the life of which of the following is simple?
5. When Hadrian is sent to further his education, he studies medicine under which of the following individuals?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
2. Hadrian and Antinous visit a temple under construction in Greece. Antinous feeds a ____________ that is brought there to consecrate the sanctuary upon its completion.
3. During the Jewish rebellion in "Disciplina Augusta, 233-251," how many years does it take to recapture Jerusalem?
4. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
5. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)