|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 233-251.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing the events that lead up to Antinous' death, Hadrian says that a five-year drought ends upon his arrival in ____________.
2. While discussing Roman commerce during his time in Antioch, Hadrian mentions that which religious group is a constant problem for Rome in Alexandria?
3. In his discussion of Marullinus, Hadrian notes that he bore senatorial rank. How many of Hadrian's lineage achieved this rank?
4. After winning Trajan's respect, Hadrian is placed in command of which legion?
5. As "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122" opens, Hadrian states that which of the following people are concerned only with reopening trade between Rome and India?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his discussion of food and diet, which of the following emotions does Hadrian say can "unsettle the soul"?
2. When Hadrian states that if the collapse of Rome happens it will concern his successors, he mentions that it is which year of the Roman era?
3. As "Saeculum Aureum, 189-211" opens, Hadrian reunites with his wife Sabina; he notes that she now surrounds herself with women of what profession?
4. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
5. When Hadrian presses Antinous to pick a tutor, the boy chooses which of the following individuals?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)