|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," which of the following individuals is Trajan's wife who persuades him to let Hadrian write his speeches?
2. As he writes about his death, Hadrian says that he may die in all BUT WHICH of the following places?
3. During the Sarmatian war Hadrian makes a practice of sending rash and ambitious soldiers back to Rome and replacing them with what kind of people?
4. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92" opens, Hadrian says that all BUT WHICH of the following friends understand and agree with his change of attitude toward war?
(a) Licinius Sura.
(d) Marcius Turbo.
5. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
2. One of Hadrian's favorite women falls in love with a dancer; what is the dancer's name?
3. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
4. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
5. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)