|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of "Animula Vagula Blandula," Hadrian says that when philosophers have nothing more to tell us it is excusable to turn to which of the following?
2. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," what is the name of Trajan's niece, also Hadrian's mother-in-law?
3. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
4. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
5. While talking about books, Hadrian accuses which author of making life lighter than it is?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49" opens, readers learn that which of Hadrian's relatives is a man named Marullinus?
2. After examining Hadrian, his doctor is alarmed at the Emperor's condition and blames which young physician who has been attending him?
3. After Nerva's death, Hadrian sets out to take the news to his cousin. Whose servants attack Hadrian on the way?
4. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is Hadrian's cousin?
5. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)