|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 171-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his reminiscence of education, Hadrian says that he will always be grateful to which of the following individuals for making him study Greek?
2. When Hadrian is attacked by a slave he sends the man to work in the mines; he says that which of the following cities would have survived had it shown some generosity?
3. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," how is Aelius Hadrianus Afer related to Hadrian?
4. Upon returning to Alexandria after their hunting trip, which of the following poets arranges a special entertainment for Hadrian and Antinous?
5. When discussing the craftsmen he takes with him on his travels, Hadrian says that he offered which of the following individuals a Latin secretaryship?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49" opens, readers learn that which of Hadrian's relatives is a man named Marullinus?
2. During their stay in Antioch, which of the following individuals tells Antinous and Hadrian the story of "The Bride of Corinth"?
3. In the first few months of Hadrian's reign as emperor, he is forced to send which of the following individuals to Egypt to reestablish order?
4. After traveling to Jerusalem Hadrian arrives in Alexandria, but his arrival there is kept quiet until which other individual arrives?
5. When Hadrian is sent to further his education, he studies medicine under which of the following individuals?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)