|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 171-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Hadrian's second stay in Rome, how much money (in sesterces) does Trajan give Hadrian to distribute to the public?
(a) Two million.
(b) Fifteen thousand.
(c) Eight million.
(d) Five thousand.
2. After Nerva's death, Hadrian sets out to take the news to his cousin. Whose servants attack Hadrian on the way?
3. When discussing how he began to involve himself with other lovers, to Antinous' disgust, Hadrian says that he forced Antinous to endure the presence of a courtesan in which city?
4. When talking about his frustration with the movement of the equinoxes, Hadrian says that this precession was calculated long ago by which individual?
5. When Hadrian is named a judge, in which of the following areas does he specialize?
(b) Petty theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their trip to make sacrifices on Mount Casius in Antioch, Hadrian and his troops continue to Jerusalem. Hadrian intends to rebuild the city nearly destroyed by which emperor?
2. In "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122," readers learn that Servianus' wife, Hadrian's sister, is named what?
3. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," Hadrian states that he has sought which of the following more than power?
4. When Hadrian faces revolt from Mauretania, which of the following individuals oversteps his orders and kills Hadrian's rival?
5. In "Tellus Stabilita, 95-122," Hadrian regrets that he must fire a friend. He says that he sometimes counts which individual among his human victims?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)