|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 171-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing his method of alternation, Hadrian says that all BUT WHICH of the following are subject to interruption at any moment?
2. When Hadrian is sent to the first Sarmatian war with the title of governor of Pannonia, how long does the conflict last?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twenty-three weeks.
(d) Eleven months.
3. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69," which of the following individuals is Trajan's wife who persuades him to let Hadrian write his speeches?
4. Which of the following individuals becomes Hadrian's most vehement critic shortly after his marriage?
5. When the Olympieion is dedicated in Greece, the country bestows all BUT WHICH of the following titles on Hadrian?
(c) Friend of Greece.
(d) Master of All.
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling to Jerusalem Hadrian arrives in Alexandria, but his arrival there is kept quiet until which other individual arrives?
2. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
3. During Hadrian's first speech in the tribunal, he is laughed at for which of the following?
4. While discussing the events that lead up to Antinous' death, Hadrian says that a five-year drought ends upon his arrival in ____________.
5. According to "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 29-49," which of the following individuals is Hadrian's cousin?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)