|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saeculum Aureum, 171-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hadrian is sixteen and finishes a course of military training, his guardian is persuaded to send him where for further academic study?
2. When talking about his frustration with the movement of the equinoxes, Hadrian says that this precession was calculated long ago by which individual?
3. When Hadrian is transferred to Macedonica, under which of the following legions does he serve?
4. How old is Hadrian when Marullinus casts the horoscope that says Hadrian will one day rule the world?
5. During Hadrian's time in the army, which of the following individuals reports on his activities to the emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling to Jerusalem Hadrian arrives in Alexandria, but his arrival there is kept quiet until which other individual arrives?
2. As "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 49-69" opens, which of the following individuals is in command of the troops in Lower Germany?
3. After their trip to make sacrifices on Mount Casius in Antioch, Hadrian and his troops continue to Jerusalem. Hadrian intends to rebuild the city nearly destroyed by which emperor?
4. In his discussion of the cities he establishes, Hadrian says that which of the following cities is one he cares least to revisit but to which he has devoted more pains?
5. After winning Trajan's respect, Hadrian is placed in command of which legion?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)