|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 211-233.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his villa is complete, Hadrian gives a series of banquets and discovers a love for women playing which of the following instruments?
(b) Wind harp.
2. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
3. As "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" opens, to which of the following cities does Hadrian return?
4. When the first reports of the Parthian campaign come in, which of the following major cities has fallen to Rome?
5. At the end of "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," Hadrian grows angry with his bumbling secretary. Which part of the man's body does Hadrian seriously injure?
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing Roman commerce during his time in Antioch, Hadrian mentions that which religious group is a constant problem for Rome in Alexandria?
2. At the end of "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian says that his once-turbulent relationship with which individual has cooled to a general indifference?
3. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
4. Upon returning to Greece in "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian sets out to rebuild which city?
5. As "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171" opens, Hadrian has passed the summer in which area?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)