|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 211-233.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing Roman commerce during his time in Antioch, Hadrian mentions that which religious group is a constant problem for Rome in Alexandria?
2. Hadrian returns to Rome after he leaves Greece in "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" and writes which document to codify the administration of Italy?
(a) Roma Perpetua.
(b) Declaration of Administration.
(c) Eternal Declaration.
(d) Perpetual Edict.
3. At the end of "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," Hadrian grows angry with his bumbling secretary. Which part of the man's body does Hadrian seriously injure?
4. After Hadrian returns to the Roman army and several problems erupt in the Orient at once, Hadrian manages to maintain order in which area?
5. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his return to Rome Hadrian begins work on the Odeon, which is a __________________.
2. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
3. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
4. Hadrian grows angry with a writer during his first discussions of his life at the villa and summons the writer to tell him that he is exiled. What is the writer's name?
5. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)