|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 211-233.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the first reports of the Parthian campaign come in, which of the following major cities has fallen to Rome?
2. Which religious group appeals to Hadrian for a defense of their faith shortly after he begins work on the cult of Antinous?
3. While discussing Roman commerce during his time in Antioch, Hadrian mentions that which religious group is a constant problem for Rome in Alexandria?
4. In "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian refers to which actor as his Greek partridge?
5. At the end of "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian says that his once-turbulent relationship with which individual has cooled to a general indifference?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hadrian returns to Rome after he leaves Greece in "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233" and writes which document to codify the administration of Italy?
2. Toward the end of "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171," Hadrian mentions that which of the following individuals has died?
3. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
4. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
5. During "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals is one of Hadrian's supporters and becomes Trajan's new privy councillor?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)