|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 211-233.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he talks about how Antinous came to be part of his life, Hadrian compares him to which animal?
2. After a massive earthquake destroys much of Antioch, Trajan allows members of which religion to be blamed and massacred for the natural disaster?
3. Hadrian discusses his travels after the installment of Antinous in his life. Outside which city do the local officials draw up enormous fires for Hadrian's troops?
4. While vising Chaeronea, Hadrian spends two days as the guest of which of the following famous Greek philosophers and writers?
5. According to "Disciplina Augusta, 211-233," the word "philanthropy" is of which origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hadrian's comments about Trajan's view of war, which of the following friends dies?
2. When Trajan's will is finally written, and Hadrian learns that he will be Trajan's successor, which of the following individuals is the first to salute him as emperor?
3. As tensions explode in the Orient, Trajan's officer Quietus is dispatched to deal with all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
4. As "Saeculum Aureum, 153-171" opens, Hadrian has passed the summer in which area?
5. When discussing his early relationship with Antinous, Hadrian says that his new companion was born in which city?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)