|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Disciplina Augusta, 211-233.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," which of the following individuals does Hadrian consider his most dangerous enemy?
(a) Neratius Priscus.
(d) Lusius Quietus.
2. After discussing Trajan's perilous position as he finds enemies on all sides, Hadrian notes that Trajan wastes an entire winter in the siege of which desert fortress?
3. During his travels in Greece, Hadrian mentions seeing the spaces for statues in sanctuaries left empty by the theft of which emperor?
4. During his travels in "Varius Multiplex Multiformis, 69-92," Hadrian attends a peasant wedding in which of the following towns?
5. At which city does Hadrian meet with a nameless priestess when he begins plans to establish the cult of Antinous?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious group appeals to Hadrian for a defense of their faith shortly after he begins work on the cult of Antinous?
2. When the first reports of the Parthian campaign come in, which of the following major cities has fallen to Rome?
3. When discussing his early relationship with Antinous, Hadrian says that his new companion was born in which city?
4. After his reflections on his own genetic makeup Hadrian says he completes the revision of which city's constitution?
5. Hadrian grows angry with a writer during his first discussions of his life at the villa and summons the writer to tell him that he is exiled. What is the writer's name?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)