|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to tell Gluckel that Hirz Levy was widowed?
(a) Samuel Loeb.
(b) Abraham Krumbach.
(c) Hirchel Loeb.
(d) Moses Krumbach.
2. In what month did Chayim fall on a sharp stone while on business?
3. When did Moses visit Gluckel and see she had to climb many stairs to her room?
4. Of whom did Gluckel write in order to explain that a man can mean well but end in folly, as a parable of her marriage to Levy?
(a) King Jedijah.
(d) King Herod.
5. For how long did the Talmud instructor agree to teach and board Joseph in Book V?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the five Jews warned by the King of France remained in Lorraine?
2. What was a citizen in Norway called?
3. Who did Gluckel ask to check her figures for auction so her values were not set too low or too high in Book V?
4. How much money did it cost Joseph Hameln to stay in Hildesheim for five more years in Book IV?
5. In whose service did Rabbi Samuel Levy work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Gluckel tell of Abraham Metz?
2. Where did Gluckel's family go for New Year's in Book IV? What did they discover about security there?
3. Where did Gluckel's son Joseph want to study? What happened?
4. To whom was Zipporah betrothed and when?
5. What medical treatment was sought for Chayim in Book V? Was it helpful?
6. What is the moral of the parable that begins Book IV?
7. Why were Levy's children unable to help him during the crash?
8. Who was Reb Moses? What interaction did he have with the family in Book IV?
9. Who are the people in the parable that begins Book IV?
10. What did Rabbi Samuel Levy do against his father's wishes in Book VII?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)