|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluckel received less than how much of the money she was owed by her marriage contract, following Levy's death?
2. Who accompanied Gluckel to Frankfort in Book VI?
3. Who did Gluckel and Chayim visit for New Year's in Book IV?
(a) Abraham Stadthagen.
(b) Abraham Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Moshe Stadthagen.
4. Who was expelled from Helmstadt for being a Jew in Book IV?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Moshe Stadthagen.
(d) Reb Moses.
5. How long did it take for Gluckel to pay off her debts following Chayim's death?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go to see his parents in Book IV?
2. In what year was Gluckel's second marriage set?
3. In Book VI, all of Gluckel's children had married except for Moses and who?
4. To whose son was Zipporah proposed to marry in Book IV?
5. From whom did Gluckel hear that Loeb was good in his business practices in Book V?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gluckel work through her debts following Chayim's death? Whom did she ask for help?
2. How did Chayim injure himself in Book V? When and what happened?
3. What money did Gluckel receive after Levy's death? How were her finances in her final years?
4. When was Chayim buried? What state of mind was Gluckel in following his death?
5. When did Gluckel officially become betrothed to her second husband? When and where was she married?
6. What did Gluckel discover about Loeb's business and finances in Book V?
7. What medical treatment was sought for Chayim in Book V? Was it helpful?
8. Where did Chayim and a group of people contract illness in Book IV? Who was with him?
9. What arrangements were made for Zipporah's wedding? Where was the wedding?
10. To whom was Zipporah betrothed and when?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)