|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gluckel stop after Moses' wedding on her way to Metz?
2. Who brought Moses to meet with Gluckel, Esther, and Nathan in Book V?
(a) Abraham Krumbach.
(b) Reb Abraham Levinson.
(c) Samuel Lifshitz.
(d) Moshe Levinson.
3. How long after Hendele's wedding did she die?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 17 weeks.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. How many years were Chayim and Gluckel married?
5. Where did Gluckel's son Joseph want to study the Talmud?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leser met Gluckel on her way to Metz with a letter and a what?
2. For how long did the Talmud instructor agree to teach and board Joseph in Book V?
3. With whom did Gluckel meet at Leipzig Fair to discuss the matter with Loeb in Book V?
4. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay with his parents in Book IV?
5. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go to see his parents in Book IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Levy's children unable to help him during the crash?
2. What story does Gluckel tell of Abraham Metz?
3. How did Gluckel work through her debts following Chayim's death? Whom did she ask for help?
4. When was Chayim buried? What state of mind was Gluckel in following his death?
5. Who are the people in the parable that begins Book IV?
6. Where did Gluckel stop on the way to her second wedding? Why?
7. Who died following Gluckel's wedding in Book VII? Who was his widow?
8. What led up to Levy's holding an auction in Book VII? How did Gluckel deal with the situation?
9. What feelings of guilt does Gluckel describe in the beginning of Book VI?
10. What did Gluckel discover about Loeb's business and finances in Book V?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)