|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mata when she died?
2. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
3. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
4. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
5. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Gluckel bear?
2. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay in Hameln after marrying?
3. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
4. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
5. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Introduction say about the value of The Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln as a historical artifact?
2. Why did Gluckel's family leave Hamburg when she was young?
3. When was the plague rumored to be spreading? What did Gluckel's family do?
4. Who was Mordecai? What happened to him?
5. What reasons does the Introduction give for Gluckel writing the memoirs?
6. Where did Gluckel stay after her wedding in Book II?
7. Where did Gluckel travel and why, according to the Introduction?
8. Where did Jacob stop along the route in Book III?
9. Who was Lob Pinkerle? Describe this individual.
10. What dangerous situation did Chayim encounter while in business in Book III? How did this lead to business with Judah?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)