|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
3. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
4. Who was the ninth of Joseph Hameln's children?
5. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
2. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
3. What did Gluckel's father trade?
4. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
5. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed? What was her father's position on the dowry?
2. What examples did Gluckel give of her father taking in others into his home?
3. Who are the eldest of Chayim's siblings described in Book II?
4. Who was Mordecai? What happened to him?
5. What plague scare happened in Gluckel's family?
6. Who was Yenta and to whom was she betrothed?
7. When was the plague rumored to be spreading? What did Gluckel's family do?
8. What were the living conditions like when Gluckel's family returned to Hamburg?
9. What does the Introduction say about Gluckel's achievements as a woman?
10. What happened after Gluckel's wedding in Book II? What was Gluckel's impression of Hameln?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)