|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hendele when she died?
2. How much money did Gluckel discover she owed after Chayim's death?
(a) 25,000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 5,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 10,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 20,000 Reichsthalers.
3. How old was Miriam when Gluckel remarried?
4. What was a citizen in Norway called?
(a) A Goy.
(b) A Gentile.
(c) A Dane.
(d) A burgher.
5. Who did Gluckel ask to check her figures for auction so her values were not set too low or too high in Book V?
6. In Book VI, all of Gluckel's children had married except for Moses and who?
7. How many years were Chayim and Gluckel married?
8. With whom did the King of France grow bitter in Book VII?
(a) The King of England.
(b) The Kaiser.
(c) The King of Prussia.
(d) The Dictator of Russia.
9. Who was Elias' mother?
10. Who brought Moses to meet with Gluckel, Esther, and Nathan in Book V?
(a) Abraham Krumbach.
(b) Moshe Levinson.
(c) Reb Abraham Levinson.
(d) Samuel Lifshitz.
11. Where did Samuel's daughter live in Book VII?
12. When did Gluckel's son Moses marry?
13. How long after Hendele's wedding did she die?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 17 weeks.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
14. Where did Loeb Hamburger live?
15. Of whom did Gluckel write in order to explain that a man can mean well but end in folly, as a parable of her marriage to Levy?
(a) King Jedijah.
(c) King Herod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was expelled from Helmstadt for being a Jew in Book IV?
2. Who accompanied Gluckel to Frankfort in Book VI?
3. Where did Gluckel take Esther and Nathan to resolve their betrothal in Book V?
4. Who offered to deliver silver to the mint for the Duke of Lorraine in Book VII?
5. Who did Gluckel ask to keep an eye on Loeb since he knew little business while in Berlin?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)