|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluckel received less than how much of the money she was owed by her marriage contract, following Levy's death?
2. What did the burgher have hidden in his ship in Gluckel's story in Book IV?
3. Who was Hannah betrothed to?
4. Leser met Gluckel on her way to Metz with a letter and a what?
(a) Spice cake.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A key.
5. What physician was called to see Chayim after he fell on a sharp stone and was injured?
(a) Abraham Lopez.
(b) Joseph Hamil.
(c) Moshe Lifshitz.
(d) Abraham Schneider.
6. To whose son was Zipporah proposed to marry in Book IV?
(a) Alexander Lietz.
(b) Leffman Behrens.
(c) Loeb Hamburger.
(d) Elias Cleve.
7. Who moved to Hamburg, where he lost all his money, before moving to Altona to be a money-changer?
(a) Joseph Lifshitz.
(b) Samuel Levy.
(c) Hirz Levy.
(d) Abraham Metz.
8. Who offered to deliver silver to the mint for the Duke of Lorraine in Book VII?
(a) Abraham Levy.
(b) Reb Simeon Hameln.
(c) Samuel Letz.
(d) Moses Rothschild.
9. In what year was Gluckel betrothed to her second husband?
10. For how long did Gluckel remain sick following her betrothal to her second husband?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two months.
11. Who was Gluckel praying with when Chayim died?
(a) Feibisch Levi.
(b) Joseph Hamil.
(c) Abraham Levi.
(d) Moshe Lifishitz.
12. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go to see his parents in Book IV?
13. Who did Gluckel and Chayim visit for New Year's in Book IV?
(a) Abraham Hameln.
(b) Abraham Stadthagen.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Moshe Stadthagen.
14. Who was expelled from Helmstadt for being a Jew in Book IV?
(a) Moshe Stadthagen.
(b) Reb Moses.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
15. Where was Gluckel's second marriage set to take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was Elias Cleve worth?
2. Who was Elias' mother?
3. Who brokered the marriage of Zipporah?
4. From whom did Gluckel hear that Loeb was good in his business practices in Book V?
5. Who brought Moses to meet with Gluckel, Esther, and Nathan in Book V?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)