|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Loeb Hamburger live?
2. How much money was Elias Cleve worth?
(a) 100,000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 75,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 50,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 200,000 Reichsthalers.
3. Who proposed to Esther, Gluckel's daughter?
(a) Levi Hirsch.
(b) Samuel Hameln.
(c) Reb Moses.
(d) Moses Krumbach.
4. From where did the King of France forbid the import or export of money in Book VII?
5. For how long did Gluckel remain sick following her betrothal to her second husband?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two months.
6. Gluckel's son Loeb died before he was how old?
7. How much money did it cost Joseph Hameln to stay in Hildesheim for five more years in Book IV?
(a) 20,000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 10,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 18,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 1,000 Reichsthalers.
8. What was a citizen in Norway called?
(a) A burgher.
(b) A Gentile.
(c) A Dane.
(d) A Goy.
9. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go to see his parents in Book IV?
10. Who did Gluckel and Chayim visit for New Year's in Book IV?
(a) Moshe Stadthagen.
(b) Abraham Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Abraham Stadthagen.
11. What physician was called to see Chayim after he fell on a sharp stone and was injured?
(a) Joseph Hamil.
(b) Moshe Lifshitz.
(c) Abraham Lopez.
(d) Abraham Schneider.
12. Who brought Moses to meet with Gluckel, Esther, and Nathan in Book V?
(a) Samuel Lifshitz.
(b) Moshe Levinson.
(c) Abraham Krumbach.
(d) Reb Abraham Levinson.
13. For how long did Gluckel avoid remarrying?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 15 years.
14. Who was expelled from Helmstadt for being a Jew in Book IV?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Reb Samuel.
(c) Reb Moses.
(d) Moshe Stadthagen.
15. Where did Gluckel stop after Moses' wedding on her way to Metz?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Chayim Hameln laid to rest?
2. From whom did Chayim secure a passport and bodyguard in Book IV?
3. How old was Gluckel when she married her second husband?
4. Who did Gluckel ask to check her figures for auction so her values were not set too low or too high in Book V?
5. In what year was Gluckel betrothed to her second husband?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)