|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Moses visit Gluckel and see she had to climb many stairs to her room?
2. What was the dowry agreed upon for Zipporah?
(a) 2,200 Reichsthalers.
(b) 1,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 2,500 Reichsthalers.
(d) 1,800 Reichsthalers.
3. How old was Gluckel when she married her second husband?
4. For how long did Gluckel remain sick following her betrothal to her second husband?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
5. With whom did Gluckel meet at Leipzig Fair to discuss the matter with Loeb in Book V?
6. Where did Hendele marry?
7. Gluckel wrote in Book IV: "Love thy God with all thy ____."
8. From whom did Gluckel hear that Loeb was good in his business practices in Book V?
(a) Abraham Levy.
(b) Hirz Levy.
(c) Samuel Hirsch.
(d) Hirschel Ries.
9. How long did it take for Gluckel to pay off her debts following Chayim's death?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
10. Who did Gluckel and Chayim visit for New Year's in Book IV?
(a) Moshe Stadthagen.
(b) Abraham Stadthagen.
(c) Abraham Hameln.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
11. Who was expelled from Helmstadt for being a Jew in Book IV?
(a) Reb Moses.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Moshe Stadthagen.
(d) Reb Samuel.
12. Who did Gluckel ask to check her figures for auction so her values were not set too low or too high in Book V?
13. Who was Hannah betrothed to?
14. Who wrote to tell Gluckel that Hirz Levy was widowed?
(a) Abraham Krumbach.
(b) Moses Krumbach.
(c) Hirchel Loeb.
(d) Samuel Loeb.
15. Where did Loeb Hamburger live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Chayim Hameln laid to rest?
2. In what month did Chayim fall on a sharp stone while on business?
3. Which of the five Jews warned by the King of France remained in Lorraine?
4. How old was Hendele when she died?
5. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay with his parents in Book IV?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)