|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Gluckel hear that Loeb was good in his business practices in Book V?
(a) Hirz Levy.
(b) Hirschel Ries.
(c) Abraham Levy.
(d) Samuel Hirsch.
2. What was the dowry agreed upon for Zipporah?
(a) 2,200 Reichsthalers.
(b) 1,800 Reichsthalers.
(c) 1,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 2,500 Reichsthalers.
3. In whose service did Rabbi Samuel Levy work?
(a) Duke of Hanover.
(b) Duke of Berlin.
(c) Duke of Lorraine.
(d) Duke of Bamburg.
4. On what date was Chayim Hameln laid to rest?
(a) July 7.
(b) March 23.
(c) January 16.
(d) January 31.
5. Who hosted the inn where Gluckel stayed with during her son Moses' wedding?
(a) Samson Baiersdorf .
(b) Hirz Levi.
(c) Samuel Stein.
(d) Abraham Levy.
6. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go to see his parents in Book IV?
7. Gluckel's son Loeb died before he was how old?
8. For how long did the Talmud instructor agree to teach and board Joseph in Book V?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
9. Where did Samuel's daughter live in Book VII?
10. Gluckel wrote in Book IV: "Love thy God with all thy ____."
11. How much money was Elias Cleve worth?
(a) 100,000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 75,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 50,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 200,000 Reichsthalers.
12. Who proposed to Esther, Gluckel's daughter?
(a) Samuel Hameln.
(b) Reb Moses.
(c) Levi Hirsch.
(d) Moses Krumbach.
13. How long after Hendele's wedding did she die?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 17 weeks.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
14. In what year was Gluckel betrothed to her second husband?
15. Where did Rabbi Samuel Levy have a shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom did Gluckel write in order to explain that a man can mean well but end in folly, as a parable of her marriage to Levy?
2. How old was Gluckel when she married her second husband?
3. Where did Hendele marry?
4. What was a citizen in Norway called?
5. For how long did Gluckel avoid remarrying?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)