|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
2. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
3. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Mordecai Cohen.
(b) Abraham Lietz.
(c) Elias Ries.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
4. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
5. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
6. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
7. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
8. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
9. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
10. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
11. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
12. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
13. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
14. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
15. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
(a) Abraham Hameln's.
(b) Hirz Letz's.
(c) Sussmann Gans'.
(d) Samuel Cleves'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Gluckel bear?
2. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
3. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
4. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
5. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)