|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Gluckel remarry?
2. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Moshe Hameln.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Abraham Hameln.
(d) Joshua Hameln.
3. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
4. Who was the fifth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(b) Reb Isaac.
5. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
6. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
7. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Hirz Letz.
(b) Samuel Cleves.
(c) Abraham Letz.
(d) Solomon Gans.
8. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Yom Kippur.
9. Who was Gluckel's maternal grandfather?
(a) Nathan Melrich.
(b) Reb Gumpel.
(c) Levi Stein.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
10. When did Gluckel's family return to Hameln?
11. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
(a) Sabbatai Mata.
(b) Sabbatai Levi.
(c) Sabbatai Zepho.
(d) Sabbatai Zevi.
12. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Mordecai Cohen.
(b) Abraham Lietz.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Elias Ries.
13. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
14. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
15. Who became pregnant at the same time that Gluckel did with her first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
3. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
4. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
5. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)