|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
2. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
3. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
(a) A year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
5. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
6. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
7. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Reb Anders.
(b) Reb Gumpel.
(c) Moshe Sneider.
(d) Reb Heinz.
8. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
9. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
10. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
11. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
12. Who was the third eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
13. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Abraham Hameln.
(b) Joshua Hameln.
(c) Moshe Hameln.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
14. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Furst.
(b) Lob Pinkerle.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Alexander Hurst.
15. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
2. How old was Mata when she died?
3. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
4. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
5. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)