|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became pregnant at the same time that Gluckel did with her first child?
2. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(c) Reb Samuel.
3. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
4. What was the name of Judah Berlin's uncle?
5. Gluckel's first husband came from a family of how many children?
6. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
7. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Moshe Sneider.
(b) Reb Heinz.
(c) Reb Gumpel.
(d) Reb Anders.
8. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
9. How old was Mata when she died?
10. How old was Mata when she died?
11. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
12. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
13. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Abandoned it.
(b) Saved it.
(c) Kissed it.
(d) Drowned it.
14. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
15. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
(a) Sabbatai Levi.
(b) Sabbatai Zepho.
(c) Sabbatai Zevi.
(d) Sabbatai Mata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to the book?
2. Who was the third eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
3. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
4. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
5. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)