|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gluckel born?
(a) Danzig, Poland.
(b) Hamburg, Germany.
(c) Hanover, Germany.
(d) Hameln, Gernany.
2. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father.
3. Where did Gluckel's parents stop on their way to Hameln at Gluckel's wedding?
4. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
6. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
7. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
(a) Sussmann Gans'.
(b) Samuel Cleves'.
(c) Abraham Hameln's.
(d) Hirz Letz's.
8. What was the name of Judah Berlin's uncle?
9. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
10. Who was Gluckel's maternal grandfather?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Levi Stein.
(c) Reb Gumpel.
(d) Nathan Melrich.
11. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
12. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Samuel Cleves.
(b) Hirz Letz.
(c) Abraham Letz.
(d) Solomon Gans.
13. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Germany.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Sweden.
(d) The King of Denmark.
14. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
15. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(b) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Chayim Hameln's father?
2. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
3. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
4. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
5. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)