|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
2. Who was the fifth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(b) Reb Samuel.
(d) Reb Isaac.
3. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
4. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
(a) Joseph Ascher.
(b) Reb Hirsch.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Reb Ascher.
5. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
6. Where did Gluckel's parents stop on their way to Hameln at Gluckel's wedding?
7. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
(b) Reb Isaac.
(c) Loeb Bonn.
(d) Reb Samuel.
8. How many days did Gluckel's family wait for carriages to arrive to take them to Gluckel's wedding?
9. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
10. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Abraham Hameln.
(c) Samuel Cleves.
(d) Hirz Letz.
11. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
12. How old was Mata when she died?
13. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
14. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
15. What did Gluckel's father trade?
(a) Tea and spices.
(b) Precious stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
2. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
3. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
4. What was the vocation of Gluckel's second husband?
5. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)