|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Chayim Hameln's father?
(a) Abraham Hameln.
(b) Samuel Hameln.
(c) Michael Hameln.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
2. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
3. What was the name of Gluckel's aunt name who was orphaned with her mother?
4. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Joseph Pinkerle.
(d) Lob Pinkerle.
5. When did Gluckel's family return to Hameln?
6. What was the name of Judah Berlin's uncle?
7. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
8. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
(b) New Year's.
(d) Yom Kippur.
9. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
10. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
11. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
12. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
13. How old was Gluckel when she died?
14. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Hirz Letz.
(c) Samuel Cleves.
(d) Abraham Letz.
15. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
2. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
3. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
4. How many children did Gluckel bear?
5. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)