|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became pregnant at the same time that Gluckel did with her first child?
2. Who traveled to England but stopped to prosper in Amsterdam in Book III?
(a) Chayim Hameln and Loeb Bischere.
(b) Mordecai Cohen and Joseph Hameln.
(c) Abraham Lietz and Loet Bischere.
(d) Mordecai Cohen and Loeb Bischere.
3. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Abraham Hameln.
(b) Moshe Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Joshua Hameln.
4. Who was the fourth eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
(a) Reb Samuel.
5. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
6. Which of Joseph Hameln's children died at the age of fifty?
(b) Reb Isaac.
(d) Reb Samuel.
7. When did the Swedes take over Altona?
8. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
9. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
10. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
11. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Drowned it.
(b) Saved it.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Kissed it.
12. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
13. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
14. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Abraham Letz.
(b) Solomon Gans.
(c) Hirz Letz.
(d) Samuel Cleves.
15. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
2. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
3. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
4. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
5. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)