|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
2. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
(b) Loeb Bonn.
(c) Reb Isaac.
(d) Reb Samuel.
3. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Lob Pinkerle.
(b) Alexander Hurst.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Chayim Furst.
4. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
5. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
6. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Hameln.
(b) Chayim Furst.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Alexander Hurst.
7. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
8. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
9. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Abraham Hameln.
(b) Samuel Cleves.
(c) Solomon Gans.
(d) Hirz Letz.
10. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
11. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
12. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
(a) Hirz Letz's.
(b) Sussmann Gans'.
(c) Abraham Hameln's.
(d) Samuel Cleves'.
13. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Our parents.
(d) The Torah.
14. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
15. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
(a) Gluckel Hameln.
(b) Judah Berlin.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Moshe Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
2. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel recommended to her children that they be honest with both Jews and Gentiles in what?
3. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
4. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
5. Who traveled to England but stopped to prosper in Amsterdam in Book III?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)