|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Mordecai?
(a) A poacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His bride.
(d) A farmer.
2. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
3. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
4. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
5. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
6. What was the name of Chayim Hameln's father?
(a) Michael Hameln.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Samuel Hameln.
(d) Abraham Hameln.
7. What was the name of Gluckel's aunt name who was orphaned with her mother?
8. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
9. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
(a) Chayim Kaufman.
(b) David Kaufmann.
(c) Alexander Hameln.
(d) Samuel Hameln.
10. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) The Bible.
(c) Our parents.
(d) The Torah.
11. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Abraham Letz.
(c) Samuel Cleves.
(d) Hirz Letz.
12. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Reb Heinz.
(b) Reb Gumpel.
(c) Moshe Sneider.
(d) Reb Anders.
13. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay in Hameln after marrying?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
14. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
15. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
2. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
3. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
4. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
5. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)