|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
2. How many children did Gluckel bear?
3. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
4. How old was Gluckel when she died?
5. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
6. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
7. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
(a) Judah Berlin.
(b) Gluckel Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Moshe Berlin.
8. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
(c) Her house.
(d) Her in-law's house.
9. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
10. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Alexander Hurst.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Chayim Furst.
11. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Hirz Letz.
(b) Solomon Gans.
(c) Abraham Hameln.
(d) Samuel Cleves.
12. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
13. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
14. Which of Joseph Hameln's children died at the age of fifty?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(c) Reb Isaac.
15. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
(a) Zieg Fair.
(c) Leipzig Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
2. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
3. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
4. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
5. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)