|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
2. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
3. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
(a) Abraham Hameln's.
(b) Sussmann Gans'.
(c) Hirz Letz's.
(d) Samuel Cleves'.
4. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
5. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(c) Reb Samuel.
6. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
7. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Lob Pinkerle.
(c) Joseph Pinkerle.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
8. How many children did Gluckel bear?
9. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Hameln.
(b) Alexander Hurst.
(c) Chayim Furst.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
10. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
11. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
12. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
13. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
14. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
15. How old was Gluckel when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
2. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
3. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
4. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
5. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)