|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
(a) Her in-law's house.
(c) Her house.
2. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Reb Anders.
(b) Reb Gumpel.
(c) Reb Heinz.
(d) Moshe Sneider.
3. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
4. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
5. Which of Joseph Hameln's children died at the age of fifty?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(b) Reb Isaac.
6. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Kissed it.
(b) Drowned it.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Saved it.
7. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Moshe Hameln.
(b) Joshua Hameln.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Abraham Hameln.
8. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Hirz Letz.
(b) Solomon Gans.
(c) Abraham Hameln.
(d) Samuel Cleves.
9. How old was Gluckel when she died?
10. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
11. Where was Gluckel born?
(a) Hanover, Germany.
(b) Danzig, Poland.
(c) Hameln, Gernany.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
12. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Alexander Hurst.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Chayim Furst.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
13. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
14. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
(a) Leipzig Fair.
(b) Zieg Fair.
15. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
2. What did Gluckel's father trade?
3. Who was the fifth of Joseph Hameln's children?
4. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
5. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)