|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chayim ask to recommend a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
2. Who killed Mordecai?
(a) His brother.
(b) His bride.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A poacher.
3. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Elias Ries.
(b) Mordecai Cohen.
(c) Abraham Lietz.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
4. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
5. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
6. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
(a) Sabbatai Levi.
(b) Sabbatai Zepho.
(c) Sabbatai Zevi.
(d) Sabbatai Mata.
7. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
8. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel recommended to her children that they be honest with both Jews and Gentiles in what?
(b) All matters.
(c) Money and goods.
9. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
10. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) The Torah.
(b) Our parents.
(d) The Bible.
11. In what language were the diaries originally written?
12. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
13. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Denmark.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Germany.
(d) The King of Sweden.
14. How old was Gluckel when she died?
15. Who was the sixth of Joseph Hameln's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
2. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
3. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
4. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
5. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)