|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
2. How many children did Gluckel bear?
3. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
(a) Zieg Fair.
(b) Leipzig Fair.
4. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
(a) 1200 Reichsthalers.
(b) 1500 Reichsthalers.
(c) 2000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 1800 Reichsthalers.
5. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Our parents.
6. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
7. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
8. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
9. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
10. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
11. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Hirz Letz.
(c) Abraham Letz.
(d) Samuel Cleves.
12. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(b) Reb Samuel.
13. Where was Gluckel born?
(a) Hanover, Germany.
(b) Danzig, Poland.
(c) Hamburg, Germany.
(d) Hameln, Gernany.
14. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Kissed it.
(b) Saved it.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Drowned it.
15. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
2. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
3. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
4. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
5. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel recommended to her children that they be honest with both Jews and Gentiles in what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)