|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
2. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
(b) Zieg Fair.
(d) Leipzig Fair.
3. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
4. When did the Swedes take over Altona?
5. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
6. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
7. How old was Mata when she died?
8. How old was Gluckel when she died?
9. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
(b) Reb Isaac.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Loeb Bonn.
10. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
11. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
(a) Reb Ascher.
(b) Reb Hirsch.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Joseph Ascher.
12. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
13. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Moshe Sneider.
(b) Reb Anders.
(c) Reb Gumpel.
(d) Reb Heinz.
14. Who was the third eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
15. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
2. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
3. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
4. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
5. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)