|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
2. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
3. Who was Gluckel's maternal grandfather?
(a) Levi Stein.
(b) Nathan Melrich.
(c) Reb Gumpel.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
4. Who became pregnant at the same time that Gluckel did with her first child?
5. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Reb Heinz.
(b) Reb Gumpel.
(c) Reb Anders.
(d) Moshe Sneider.
6. Who traveled to England but stopped to prosper in Amsterdam in Book III?
(a) Mordecai Cohen and Joseph Hameln.
(b) Chayim Hameln and Loeb Bischere.
(c) Mordecai Cohen and Loeb Bischere.
(d) Abraham Lietz and Loet Bischere.
7. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Joseph Pinkerle.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Lob Pinkerle.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
8. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
9. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
10. Who did Chayim ask to recommend a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
11. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
(a) Reb Ascher.
(b) Reb Hirsch.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Joseph Ascher.
12. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Drowned it.
(b) Kissed it.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Saved it.
13. How many days did Gluckel's family wait for carriages to arrive to take them to Gluckel's wedding?
14. How old was Mata when she died?
15. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
2. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
3. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
4. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
5. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)