|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
2. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
3. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
4. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
(b) Her house.
(c) Her in-law's house.
5. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
6. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
7. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
8. How old was Gluckel when she died?
9. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
10. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
11. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
(b) Gold and silver lace.
(c) Wool scarves.
(d) Ladies' gloves.
12. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
13. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
14. Who was the fourth eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
(a) Reb Samuel.
15. Gluckel's first husband came from a family of how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
3. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
4. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
5. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)