|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
2. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(a) Reb Samuel.
3. What was the name of Gluckel's aunt name who was orphaned with her mother?
4. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
5. With whom did Gluckel's family form a partnership only to dissolve it a year later because he did not put up the money agreed upon?
(a) Hirz Lietz.
(b) Judah Berlin.
(c) Moshe Berlin.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
6. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
7. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
8. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her mother.
9. Where did Joseph Hameln move to await word to return to the Promised Land?
10. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
11. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
12. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
(a) The Dictator.
(b) The King.
(c) The Town Council.
(d) The State Council.
13. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
14. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Germany.
(b) The King of Denmark.
(c) The King of Sweden.
(d) The King of France.
15. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
2. Gluckel's first husband came from a family of how many children?
3. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
4. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
5. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)