|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
(a) Reb Isaac.
(b) Reb Samuel.
(d) Loeb Bonn.
2. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
(a) Judah Berlin.
(b) Moshe Berlin.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Gluckel Hameln.
3. How many children did Gluckel bear?
4. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousins.
5. What was the vocation of Gluckel's second husband?
6. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
7. Who wrote the introduction to the book?
(a) Chaim Rosenwald.
(b) Robert S. Rosen.
(c) Andrew Rosen.
(d) Stephen Schultz.
8. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
(a) Gold and silver lace.
(b) Ladies' gloves.
(d) Wool scarves.
9. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Furst.
(b) Lob Pinkerle.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Alexander Hurst.
10. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay in Hameln after marrying?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
11. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Abraham Lietz.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Mordecai Cohen.
(d) Elias Ries.
12. Who was the ninth of Joseph Hameln's children?
13. What was the name of Gluckel's aunt name who was orphaned with her mother?
14. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
15. Who traveled to England but stopped to prosper in Amsterdam in Book III?
(a) Mordecai Cohen and Joseph Hameln.
(b) Abraham Lietz and Loet Bischere.
(c) Mordecai Cohen and Loeb Bischere.
(d) Chayim Hameln and Loeb Bischere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
2. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
3. Who was the fifth of Joseph Hameln's children?
4. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
5. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)