|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
2. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Sweden.
(b) The King of Denmark.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The King of Germany.
3. Who wrote the introduction to the book?
(a) Andrew Rosen.
(b) Chaim Rosenwald.
(c) Stephen Schultz.
(d) Robert S. Rosen.
4. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
5. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
(a) A year.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
6. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Moshe Hameln.
(c) Joshua Hameln.
(d) Abraham Hameln.
7. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
(a) 1500 Reichsthalers.
(b) 2000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 1800 Reichsthalers.
(d) 1200 Reichsthalers.
8. When did the Swedes take over Altona?
9. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
10. Where were seed pearls used for jewelry plentiful for trade?
11. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Lob Pinkerle.
(c) Joseph Pinkerle.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
12. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
13. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
(a) Leipzig Fair.
(c) Zieg Fair.
14. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
(a) Gold and silver lace.
(b) Ladies' gloves.
(c) Wool scarves.
15. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
2. What was the vocation of Gluckel's second husband?
3. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
4. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
5. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)