|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Judah Berlin take the Danzig assignment?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
2. How old was Gluckel when her first husband died?
3. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
4. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
5. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
6. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
7. When did Gluckel's family return to Hameln?
8. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) Our parents.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
9. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Lob Pinkerle.
(b) Joseph Pinkerle.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
10. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Yom Kippur.
11. How long did Gluckel and Chayim stay in Hameln after marrying?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
12. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
13. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
14. How many children did Gluckel bear?
15. When did the Swedes take over Altona?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
2. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
3. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
4. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
5. What was the vocation of Gluckel's second husband?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)