|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
(a) Drowned it.
(b) Kissed it.
(c) Abandoned it.
(d) Saved it.
2. Who was the second eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
3. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
(a) Reb Hirsch.
(b) Reb Ascher.
(c) Reb Samuel.
(d) Joseph Ascher.
4. When did the Swedes take over Altona?
5. Who was Gluckel's maternal grandfather?
(a) Reb Gumpel.
(b) Nathan Melrich.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Levi Stein.
6. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
(a) Ladies' gloves.
(c) Wool scarves.
(d) Gold and silver lace.
7. In what year did Gluckel's first husband die?
8. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Sweden.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Denmark.
(d) The King of Germany.
9. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
10. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
(a) David Kaufmann.
(b) Samuel Hameln.
(c) Alexander Hameln.
(d) Chayim Kaufman.
11. Who did Gluckel's family stop to visit in Hanover in Book III?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Moshe Hameln.
(c) Abraham Hameln.
(d) Joshua Hameln.
12. Who killed Mordecai?
(a) His brother.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A poacher.
(d) His bride.
13. How many wedding guests traveled to Gluckel's wedding in addition to Gluckel's parents?
14. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
(a) Her in-law's house.
(d) Her house.
15. Gluckel's first husband came from a family of how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the ninth of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
3. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
4. Who was the fourth eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
5. How old was Gluckel when she died?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)