|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Alexander Hurst.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Lob Pinkerle.
(d) Chayim Furst.
2. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Chayim Hameln.
(b) Abraham Lietz.
(c) Mordecai Cohen.
(d) Elias Ries.
3. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Samuel Cleves.
(b) Abraham Letz.
(c) Solomon Gans.
(d) Hirz Letz.
4. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
5. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
(a) Judah Berlin.
(b) Moshe Berlin.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Gluckel Hameln.
6. Who was the fourth of Joseph Hameln's children?
(c) Reb Samuel.
7. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
8. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Hirz Letz.
(c) Samuel Cleves.
(d) Abraham Hameln.
9. What was the name of Chayim Hameln's father?
(a) Samuel Hameln.
(b) Joseph Hameln.
(c) Michael Hameln.
(d) Abraham Hameln.
10. Where did Joseph Hameln set up Yenta and his bride?
11. How old was Gluckel when she was married?
12. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
13. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
14. What was the name of Judah Berlin's uncle?
15. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(b) Loeb Bonn.
(d) Reb Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the vocation of Gluckel's second husband?
2. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
3. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
4. How old was Gluckel when she died?
5. How many days did Gluckel's family wait for carriages to arrive to take them to Gluckel's wedding?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)