|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
2. In what year did Gluckel remarry?
3. How long after Mata's birth was the plague rumored in Hamburg?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
4. When was Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln published in its current edition?
5. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Abraham Letz.
(c) Hirz Letz.
(d) Samuel Cleves.
6. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
7. Where was Gluckel's sister's fiance from?
8. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Alexander Hurst.
(d) Chayim Furst.
9. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
10. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
(a) Alexander Hameln.
(b) David Kaufmann.
(c) Samuel Hameln.
(d) Chayim Kaufman.
11. Where did Gluckel and Chayim go after Hameln?
12. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
13. Where was Gluckel's maternal grandfather from?
14. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
15. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
2. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
3. Mordecai was killed between Hanover and where?
4. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
5. What was the name of Judah Berlin's uncle?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)