|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
2. Which of the five Jews warned by the King of France returned to Metz?
(a) Isai and Chayim.
(b) Jacob and Joseph.
(c) Isai and Jacob.
(d) Samuel and Joseph.
3. With whom did the King of France grow bitter in Book VII?
(a) The King of Prussia.
(b) The Kaiser.
(c) The King of England.
(d) The Dictator of Russia.
4. Who wrote the introduction to the book?
(a) Stephen Schultz.
(b) Andrew Rosen.
(c) Chaim Rosenwald.
(d) Robert S. Rosen.
5. Who was Gluckel's maternal grandfather?
(a) Joseph Hameln.
(b) Levi Stein.
(c) Reb Gumpel.
(d) Nathan Melrich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
2. Who did Chayim ask to recommend a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
3. What did the burgher have hidden in his ship in Gluckel's story in Book IV?
4. When did Gluckel's family return to Hameln?
5. Where did Loeb Hamburger live?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)