|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
2. Who fell upon hard times in Poland who was helped by Joseph until being enticed by unfulfilled promises in Hameln?
(a) Hirz Letz.
(b) Abraham Hameln.
(c) Samuel Cleves.
(d) Solomon Gans.
3. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
4. Who wrote to tell Gluckel that Hirz Levy was widowed?
(a) Moses Krumbach.
(b) Samuel Loeb.
(c) Abraham Krumbach.
(d) Hirchel Loeb.
5. Where did Gluckel take Esther and Nathan to resolve their betrothal in Book V?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. On what date was Chayim Hameln laid to rest?
3. How many years were Chayim and Gluckel married?
4. Where did Gluckel's son Joseph want to study the Talmud?
5. How long had it been since Gluckel and Chayim had seen Chayim's parents in Book IV?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)