|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
2. With whom did Gluckel's family form a partnership only to dissolve it a year later because he did not put up the money agreed upon?
(a) Judah Berlin.
(b) Moshe Berlin.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Hirz Lietz.
3. Who was Gluckel praying with when Chayim died?
(a) Joseph Hamil.
(b) Feibisch Levi.
(c) Abraham Levi.
(d) Moshe Lifishitz.
4. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Lob Pinkerle.
(b) Alexander Hurst.
(c) Chayim Furst.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
5. Which of Joseph Hameln's children died at the age of fifty?
(a) Reb Samuel.
(c) Reb Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
2. What was the name of Chayim Hameln's father?
3. What did the father bird do to the first bird he was taking across the stream in Gluckel's introduction to her memoirs?
4. Who was the ninth of Joseph Hameln's children?
5. How long did it take for Gluckel to pay off her debts following Chayim's death?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)