|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
2. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Furst.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Alexander Hurst.
(d) Lob Pinkerle.
3. How much money did Joseph Hameln have when Chayim and Gluckel visited in Book IV?
(a) 18,000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 20,000 Reichsthalers.
(c) 12,000 Reichsthalers.
(d) 10,000 Reichsthalers.
4. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
5. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Hendele when she died?
2. How did Gluckel's maternal grandfather die?
3. Where did Loeb Hamburger live?
4. What was a citizen in Norway called?
5. From whom did Gluckel receive secular education?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)