|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
2. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
(a) Judah Berlin.
(b) Moshe Berlin.
(c) Gluckel Hameln.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
3. Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln takes place beginning in what year?
4. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Elias Ries.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Mordecai Cohen.
(d) Abraham Lietz.
5. With whom did Gluckel's family form a partnership only to dissolve it a year later because he did not put up the money agreed upon?
(a) Hirz Lietz.
(b) Judah Berlin.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Moshe Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
2. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
3. Where was Gluckel born?
4. How many children did Gluckel and her first husband have?
5. Under whose arm did Gluckel find a sore that was thought to be the plague?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)