|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Lob Pinkerle.
(b) Joseph Pinkerle.
(c) Joseph Hameln.
(d) Chayim Hameln.
2. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
3. Who was recommended to Chayim as a Talmud scholar to arbitrate for him in Hildesheim?
(a) Reb Hirsch.
(b) Joseph Ascher.
(c) Reb Ascher.
(d) Reb Samuel.
4. Who became pregnant at the same time that Gluckel did with her first child?
5. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
(a) Sussmann Gans'.
(b) Abraham Hameln's.
(c) Hirz Letz's.
(d) Samuel Cleves'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
2. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
3. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
4. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
5. Who was the eldest of Joseph Hameln's siblings?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)