|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
(a) Alexander Hameln.
(b) Chayim Kaufman.
(c) David Kaufmann.
(d) Samuel Hameln.
2. Where was Gluckel born?
(a) Hanover, Germany.
(b) Hamburg, Germany.
(c) Danzig, Poland.
(d) Hameln, Gernany.
3. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(a) The Bible.
(c) Our parents.
(d) The Torah.
4. What was the name of Gluckel's mother?
5. Gluckel's first husband came from a family of how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
2. How many Reichsthalers did the richest Jew in Altona own?
3. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
4. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
5. What did Gluckel's father trade?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)