|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Gluckel's sister betrothed?
(a) Reb Gumpel.
(b) Reb Anders.
(c) Reb Heinz.
(d) Moshe Sneider.
2. What was the name of Gluckel's father?
(a) Lob Pinkerle.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Joseph Pinkerle.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
3. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
(a) Wool scarves.
(c) Ladies' gloves.
(d) Gold and silver lace.
4. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Hameln.
(b) Lob Pinkerle.
(c) Chayim Furst.
(d) Alexander Hurst.
5. Who wrote the introduction to the book?
(a) Robert S. Rosen.
(b) Andrew Rosen.
(c) Stephen Schultz.
(d) Chaim Rosenwald.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
2. How old was Gluckel when she died?
3. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
4. Who first published Gluckel's memoirs in 1896?
5. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)