|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Yenta Hameln betrothed?
(a) Solomon Gans.
(b) Samuel Cleves.
(c) Abraham Letz.
(d) Hirz Letz.
2. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
(a) 1500 Reichsthalers.
(b) 1800 Reichsthalers.
(c) 1200 Reichsthalers.
(d) 2000 Reichsthalers.
3. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
4. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Furst.
(b) Chayim Hameln.
(c) Alexander Hurst.
(d) Joseph Hameln.
5. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dictator.
(c) The Town Council.
(d) The State Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
2. Which of Joseph Hameln's children died at the age of fifty?
3. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
4. In what year did Gluckel complete her diaries?
5. What did Bela's mother make and sell before she married?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)