|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the eighth of Joseph Hameln's children?
2. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
3. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
4. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
5. What did Gluckel find to be a "dull, shabby hole" in Book II?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her in-law's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Gluckel when the Swedes attacked Altona?
2. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
3. Whose fortune vanishes from lack of supervision in Book II?
4. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
5. How many days did Gluckel's family wait for carriages to arrive to take them to Gluckel's wedding?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)