|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Life in Hamburg was granted at the mercy of whom?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dictator.
(c) The Town Council.
(d) The State Council.
2. Where did Gluckel's family go when the Jews were expelled from her hometown?
3. How old was Gluckel when she was betrothed?
4. Who did Yenta marry after the death of her husband?
5. How old was Mata when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the widow of Sussmann Gans marry?
2. Who was the seventh of Joseph Hameln's children?
3. How old was Gluckel when the German Jews were forced to leave Hamburg?
4. In her introduction to her memoirs, what kind of book did Gluckel write that she had no intention of writing because there were already many of them?
5. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)