|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the dowry of Gluckel's sister?
(a) 2000 Reichsthalers.
(b) 1800 Reichsthalers.
(c) 1200 Reichsthalers.
(d) 1500 Reichsthalers.
2. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
(a) Sabbatai Zevi.
(b) Sabbatai Levi.
(c) Sabbatai Mata.
(d) Sabbatai Zepho.
3. How many of Gluckel's children were still living at home when her first husband died?
4. What was a citizen in Norway called?
(a) A Gentile.
(b) A burgher.
(c) A Dane.
(d) A Goy.
5. In what language were the diaries originally written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
2. Which child did Gluckel have while Judah Berlin was in Danzig?
3. Where did a rule exist that caused Jews who died there to forfeit all their possessions?
4. Where did Gluckel's family decide to go after the plague was rumored in Hamburg?
5. Who was the richest Altona Jew?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)