|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her introduction to her memoirs, Gluckel wrote that it was what year?
2. After which holiday does Gluckel's family decide to leave Hamburg in Book III?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Yom Kippur.
3. Gluckel wrote in Book III that Judah brought them nothing, but now has how many Reichsthalers?
4. What "provides all we need to find and learn the journey through this world to the next," according to Gluckel in her introduction to the memoirs?
(b) The Bible.
(c) Our parents.
(d) The Torah.
5. Who moved to Hamburg, where he lost all his money, before moving to Altona to be a money-changer?
(a) Abraham Metz.
(b) Samuel Levy.
(c) Joseph Lifshitz.
(d) Hirz Levy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
2. How old was Mata when she died?
3. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
4. Who was Gluckel praying with when Chayim died?
5. What was the name of Gluckel's sister?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)