|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gluckel write lived in Amsterdam with 20,000 Reichsthalers in Book III?
(a) Abraham Lietz.
(b) Elias Ries.
(c) Chayim Hameln.
(d) Mordecai Cohen.
2. Who did Gluckel ask to check her figures for auction so her values were not set too low or too high in Book V?
3. Who was the second richest Altona Jew?
(a) Chayim Hameln.
(b) Alexander Hurst.
(c) Chayim Furst.
(d) Lob Pinkerle.
4. How old was Mata when she died?
5. Under whose rule did the Jews settle in Altona?
(a) The King of Denmark.
(b) The King of Sweden.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The King of Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mordecai decide to trade in Germany?
2. Who nursed Chayim Hameln back to health when he was ill at the fair?
3. What physician was called to see Chayim after he fell on a sharp stone and was injured?
4. What boarder did Gluckel and her husband send to Poland to do business for them in the beginning of Book III?
5. Who turned out to be a Messianic pretender?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)