Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. How did The Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln come into publication? What previous editions were released and in what languages?
2. Who was Gluckel of Hameln? When was she born? When did she die? Where did she live?
3. Describe how the Jewish faith played a role in Gluckel's life. What customs and rituals would have affected Gluckel's everyday existence?
4. Discuss the discrimination Jews faced in 17th Century Europe. What was the "Jewish Emancipation" and when did it come?
5. Describe the voice and tense of the narrative. What are difference instances...
This section contains 468 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)