|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of General is the General Junnosuke?
(a) A Korean General.
(b) A ruthless General.
(c) A low ranked General.
(d) A high ranked General.
2. What does Sayuri realize she is when the American soldiers roll through her village?
(c) A peasant.
(d) Different from other women.
3. What does Dr. Crab leave for Sayuri as a gift?
(a) Chinese herbs.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A gold box.
(d) Her vial.
4. What is the name of the dance Sayuri performs that moves the Chairman to tears?
(a) Lost Lovers.
(b) Cruel Rain.
(c) The Death of a Geisha.
(d) Autumn Leaves.
5. Who does Sayuri begin to think about during her time with the Arashinos and realize she may never see again?
(b) Mr. Tanaka.
(c) The General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Baron seduce Sayuri?
2. What is Sayuri wearing when she arrives at the Suruya Inn to visit the General after she hears that the geisha districts are to be closed?
3. What is wrong with the vial belonging to Dr. Crab with Sayuri's name on it?
4. Which of the following geisha was Dr. Crab not mizuage patron to?
5. What is the Suruya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sayuri say happened to Korin and why does she mention the story in chapter 28?
2. What does Sayuri think about on her way to Hakone?
3. What causes Sayuri to begin talking to Dr. Crab about taking her clothes off?
4. Why does Nobu say he's angry with Sayuri at the end of chapter 26?
5. What reason does Pumpkin give for having betrayed Sayuri?
6. What does the Chairman say he believes Sayuri's reason is for having seduced the Minister?
7. What is Sayuri's impression of Pumpkin when she arrives at the Ichiriki to help entertain the Minister?
8. What do Sayuri and Nobu discuss when they see each other again after so many years in chapter 28?
9. What does Sayuri spend her time doing during her first week back in Gion after her years with the Arashinos?
10. How does the rumor get started that Hatsumomo has been declared mentally unstable?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)