|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Baron say he has invited Sayuri to the party?
(a) So that all his friends could take pictures with her.
(b) So that Sayuri would finally have a chance to see something other than Gion.
(c) To get even with Mameha.
(d) So that all the men would have a chance to look at her.
2. Where has Nobu arranged to send Sayuri?
(a) To the Chairman's estate.
(b) To the Baron's estate.
(c) To Mr. Tachibana's estate.
(d) To Mr. Arashino's estate.
3. What happens to a geisha who marries?
(a) They become legends.
(b) She no longer continues as a geisha.
(c) She is disgraced.
(d) Nothing, since geisha cannot marry.
4. Whom does Sayuri say she's waiting for before she returns to Gion?
(b) The General.
5. What does Chiyo first notice about Hatsumomo?
(a) Her superstition.
(b) Her cruelty.
(c) The beauty of her kimono.
(d) The small steps she takes when she walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sayuri do during her costume change in chapter 23?
2. Why does Pumpkin have so much trouble in music class?
3. Who is Tachibana?
4. What is Sayuri wearing when she arrives at the Suruya Inn to visit the General after she hears that the geisha districts are to be closed?
5. How does Mameha say Sayuri can make a good impression on Nobu?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)