|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chiyo say regularly complicates the task of doing her chores?
(a) Her hunger.
(b) Her need to cry.
(c) Sitting with Granny.
2. What is Chiyo asked to deliver to Hatsumomo in chapter 7?
(a) Her shamisen.
(b) Her obi.
(c) Her brooch.
(d) Her tortoiseshell hairpin.
3. What does Hatsumomo's boyfriend do for a living?
(a) He is a cook at a noodle house.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a photographer.
(d) He is a construction worker.
4. What did Chiyo hide under the house's foundation that she finds again in chapter 9?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A hairpin.
(c) A coin.
(d) A moth.
5. What does Chiyo compare life to at the beginning of chapter 9 to make her point about change?
(a) A river.
(b) A cherry blossom.
(c) A mountain.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother say Chiyo should be punished for ruining Mameha's kimono?
2. What does Chiyo break by falling off the roof?
3. What is the cause of Granny's death?
4. What does Kuniko say Taro is afraid of?
5. What does Hatsumomo say her paulownia wood is for?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)