|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chiyo hide under the house's foundation that she finds again in chapter 9?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A moth.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A coin.
2. Whose graves does Chiyo see in the graveyard?
(a) Her grandparents' graves.
(b) Her father's first family's graves.
(c) Her neighbors' graves.
(d) Her siblings' graves.
3. Who does Auntie say will end up in a jorou-ya if she ever gets what she deserves?
4. Why does Chiyo say Hatsumomo is "like an empress" in the okiya?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman in the house.
(b) She earns the income for the whole house.
(c) She has the most power.
(d) She is a tyrant.
5. What does Chiyo say regularly complicates the task of doing her chores?
(a) Sitting with Granny.
(c) Her need to cry.
(d) Her hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around which year does the narrator say Chiyo arrives in Kyoto?
2. What does Chiyo compare life to at the beginning of chapter 9 to make her point about change?
3. What does Hatsumomo's boyfriend do for a living?
4. What color do Mameha and her maid agree that Chiyo's eyes are on their visit to pay their respects to Granny?
5. Why does Mameha say Mother won't adopt Hatsumomo?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)