|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Auntie say will end up in a jorou-ya if she ever gets what she deserves?
2. What is Chiyo asked to deliver to Hatsumomo in chapter 7?
(a) Her tortoiseshell hairpin.
(b) Her shamisen.
(c) Her obi.
(d) Her brooch.
3. Where does Chiyo go after eating her shaved ice in chapter 9?
(a) To the Gion shrine.
(b) To the okiya.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the stone wall.
4. What happens to a geisha who marries?
(a) She no longer continues as a geisha.
(b) She is disgraced.
(c) They become legends.
(d) Nothing, since geisha cannot marry.
5. What does Mameha say generous people don't do?
(a) Become patrons of geisha.
(b) Become teahouse owners.
(c) Become geisha.
(d) Become okiya owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chiyo believe she hears saying her name in their sleep in chapter 8?
2. What does Mr. Tanaka write has happened to Satsu?
3. What color is the fabric used to create an apprentice geisha's hairstyle?
4. What did Chiyo hide under the house's foundation that she finds again in chapter 9?
5. Around which year does the narrator say Chiyo arrives in Kyoto?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)