Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Which element does Chiyo's mother have too much of in her personality?
2. Which element does Chiyo's father have too much of in his personality?
3. Whose graves does Chiyo see in the graveyard?
(a) Her father's first family's graves.
(b) Her neighbors' graves.
(c) Her siblings' graves.
(d) Her grandparents' graves.
4. What does Mr. Tanaka deliver to Chiyo for her mother at the beginning of chapter 2?
(d) Chinese herbs.
5. What are "zori"?
6. What does Kuniko say Taro is afraid of?
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. Who comes to get Chiyo and Satsu at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Tanaka's assistant.
(b) Their father.
(c) Mrs. Fidget.
(d) Mr. Tanaka.
8. Around which year does the narrator say Chiyo arrives in Kyoto?
9. What does Chiyo first notice about Hatsumomo?
(a) The small steps she takes when she walks.
(b) The beauty of her kimono.
(c) Her superstition.
(d) Her cruelty.
This section contains 5,201 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)