|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking to Kalayji in "Chapter 20", what does Memed hope Horali will do?
2. What does Abdi want Ali Safa to protect him from?
3. In "Chapter 33", why is Hatche angry with Memed?
4. What does Memed do after visiting Hatche in prison?
5. What season is it in "Chapter 31"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
2. What happens when Abdi decides to write a letter to Ahmed?
3. How does Memed rescue Hatche and Iraz from the police?
4. Why does Memed visit Yellow Ummet in "Chapter 17"?
5. What happens when Big Osman meets Memed for the first time?
6. What story does Horali tell Memed and Jabbar in "Chapter 20"?
7. In "Chapter 27", what is Ali Safa's main concern?
8. In "Chapter 19", how do the villagers learn that they are free?
9. What does Abdi do in "Chapter 30" after Memed escapes?
10. How is Memed able to visit Hatche in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hatche's character development throughout the novel, including her death.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of liberation in "Memed, My Hawk".
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of the journey in "Memed, My Hawk"? How does Memed traveling over large spaces of land affect his character development?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)