|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to the villagers of Deyirmenoluk that the fields are now their own?
2. In "Chapter 26", why does Lame Ali think the police only have one road they can travel?
3. In "Chapter 17", why does Memed want to look over his home village?
4. Who does Memed ask to help him see Hatche in prison?
5. Why does Ali Safa want to kill Memed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 27", what is Ali Safa's main concern?
2. What happens when Memed, Hatche and Iraz are found in their hide-away in "Chapter 34"?
3. What is Poor Ali's village like?
4. What happens when Abdi decides to write a letter to Ahmed?
5. What does Memed plan to do when he returns to his home village in "Chapter 17"?
6. What happens when Memed is ambushed in "Chapter 31"?
7. How is Memed able to visit Hatche in prison?
8. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
9. How does Memed feel after visiting Hatche in prison?
10. In "Chapter 22", what plans does Memed make for seeing Hatche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Deuneh serve as a motivating factor for Memed? Consider her role as something that motivates all/some of Memed's actions in life.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of the journey in "Memed, My Hawk"? How does Memed traveling over large spaces of land affect his character development?
Essay Topic 3
Research the landlord system and feudal land ownership. How does this system affect the development of the characters and plot? What is the author's message about land ownership?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)