|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Deyirmenoluk harvest like in "Chapter 32"?
2. What is special about Yellow Bekir?
3. What does Memed think when he runs into Horali in "Chapter 20"?
4. What does Abdi want Ali Safa to protect him from?
5. What does Memed do after visiting Hatche in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Memed, Hatche and Iraz are found in their hide-away in "Chapter 34"?
2. What story does Horali tell Memed and Jabbar in "Chapter 20"?
3. What does Abdi tell Ali Safa about Memed in "Chapter 16"?
4. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
5. What makes Ali Safa clever as a landowner?
6. Why do Memed and Hatche argue in "Chapter 33"?
7. In "Chapter 19", how do the villagers learn that they are free?
8. How does Big Osman decide to repay Memed for killing Kalayji?
9. What happens when Abdi decides to write a letter to Ahmed?
10. What does Memed plan to do when he returns to his home village in "Chapter 17"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Follow Memed's rise to power. How does his ending in this novel fit into that development? Does Memed fall? Does he succeed?
Essay Topic 2
What is the value of revenge in "Memed, My Hawk"? What is the commentary on revenge?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of wealth in "Memed, My Hawk"? Consider how wealth is measured and how the class system is organized.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)