|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", where do the oaks grow?
2. Why does Hatche's mother have Mad Fahri write a letter to the judge?
3. In "Chapter 15", who does Lame Ali discover is protecting Abdi?
4. In "Chapter 1", what part of Turkey is described?
5. While in prison in "Chapter 11", what does Hatche ask her mother about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
2. How does Aunt Huru feel about Lame Ali tracking Abdi?
3. What happens after Memed harvests wheat in "Chapter 5"?
4. What happens when Memed's band of outlaws meets Ali in "Chapter 14"?
5. In the beginning of "Chapter 12", why is Memed upset with Durdu?
6. What does Lame Ali do when he finds Abdi in "Chapter 15"?
7. How does Iraz end up in prison?
8. What does Suleyman do when Memed shows up at his house?
9. What happens when Memed visits the town in "Chapter 7"?
10. How does Abdi respond when Memed runs away with Hatche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of women in "Memed, My Hawk"? Consider at least three female characters from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does Deuneh serve as a motivating factor for Memed? Consider her role as something that motivates all/some of Memed's actions in life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Memed to one other character in the novel.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)