|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4", why does Memed worry about the harvest?
2. Why does Hatche's mother have Mad Fahri write a letter to the judge?
3. How does Riza reclaim his father's land?
4. What do the nomads in "Chapter 12" give Memed when he leaves?
5. How does Hatche's mother feel about turning the letter in to the judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Memed's mother do when he doesn't come home in "Chapter 3"?
2. How does Abdi respond when Memed runs away with Hatche?
3. What happens when Memed meets with Durmish Ali in "Chapter 15"?
4. How do Iraz and Hatche become friends?
5. How does Suleyman help Memed after he shoots Abdi?
6. How does Aunt Huru feel about Lame Ali tracking Abdi?
7. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
8. How does Memed feel before running off with Hatche?
9. What makes Memed's relationship with Hatche in "Chapter 8" complicated?
10. What happens when Durdu's group is attacked in "Chapter 12"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Deuneh serve as a motivating factor for Memed? Consider her role as something that motivates all/some of Memed's actions in life.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship of the villages to character development? Consider the relationships between the villages as well.
Essay Topic 3
How is survival a theme in this novel? What message about survival is delivered?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)