|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
2. What does the innkeeper tell Memed about in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does Riza reclaim his father's land?
4. In "Chapter 5", who helps Memed harvest wheat?
5. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
2. What does the area between the Taurus Mountains and the sea look like?
3. In "Chapter 6", what do Memed and his mother do when they face starvation?
4. What happens when Memed visits the town in "Chapter 7"?
5. How does Iraz end up in prison?
6. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
7. How does Abdi respond when Memed runs away with Hatche?
8. What does Memed do during the harvest in "Chapter 5"?
9. What happens when Durdu attacks the nomad camp?
10. What does Abdi do to punish Hatche after he is shot by Memed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Deuneh serve as a motivating factor for Memed? Consider her role as something that motivates all/some of Memed's actions in life.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of the journey in "Memed, My Hawk"? How does Memed traveling over large spaces of land affect his character development?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the portrayal of morality in this novel. Consider how the "good" characters are describe vs. the "bad" characters. What actions are deemed acceptable? How do these relate to the written laws? Keep in mind the feudal land system as well as the outlaw groups.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)