|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deuneh worry in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does Memed tell Suleyman he left home?
3. Why does Iraz end up in prison?
4. How many villages are in Dikenli?
5. In "Chapter 14", why does Ali say he would prefer to be shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Iraz end up in prison?
2. What happens after Memed harvests wheat in "Chapter 5"?
3. What happens when Memed meets with Durmish Ali in "Chapter 15"?
4. What does the area between the Taurus Mountains and the sea look like?
5. What happens when Durdu attacks the nomad camp?
6. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
7. How does Hatche feel when she is first sent to prison?
8. How does Memed feel before running off with Hatche?
9. What does Suleyman do when Memed shows up at his house?
10. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hatche's character development throughout the novel, including her death.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of wealth in "Memed, My Hawk"? Consider how wealth is measured and how the class system is organized.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of liberation in "Memed, My Hawk".
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)