|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what does Big Ismail say the tribes all used to be?
2. What does Memed think when he runs into Horali in "Chapter 20"?
(a) That it is a trap.
(b) That Horali is in trouble.
(c) That it is fate.
(d) That Horali wants to join his side.
3. In "Chapter 23", how does Big Osman travel around town?
(a) By train.
(b) In a cart.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
4. What does Memed want to burn in his home village in "Chapter 17"?
(a) The thistles.
(b) The city hall.
(c) The old houses.
(d) Abdi's house.
5. In "Chapter 34", why does the shepherd boy admit to seeing Memed?
(a) Because Abdi promises his a job.
(b) Because he is paid money.
(c) Because he likes the police.
(d) Because he is beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to the villagers of Deyirmenoluk that the fields are now their own?
2. Why does Lame Ali say he cannot track Memed in "Chapter 34"?
3. Why do Iraz and Hatche dream of an amnesty in "Chapter 31"?
4. What is Chichekli Valley close to?
5. In "Chapter 17", why does Memed want to look over his home village?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 18", why does Ali Safa meet with Kalayji?
2. What is Memed's visit with Hatche like in the prison?
3. What does Memed plan to do when he returns to his home village in "Chapter 17"?
4. What makes Ali Safa clever as a landowner?
5. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
6. How does Yellow Bakir defend his village?
7. What does Abdi tell Ali Safa about Memed in "Chapter 16"?
8. Why do Memed and Hatche argue in "Chapter 33"?
9. What do the villagers do at harvest time in "Chapter 32"?
10. What happens when Abdi is proclaimed to be alive in "Chapter 19"?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)