|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over the Turkomen tribes after World War I?
(a) The Ottomans.
(b) The English.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The French.
2. Why does Memed surrender to Asim?
(a) He runs out of ammunition.
(b) He wants to protect Hatche.
(c) He is bluffing.
(d) He feels sick.
3. In "Chapter 34", why does the shepherd boy admit to seeing Memed?
(a) Because Abdi promises his a job.
(b) Because he is paid money.
(c) Because he likes the police.
(d) Because he is beaten.
4. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
5. While talking to Ali Safa's wife, who does Abdi say was sent to rescue him from the burning house?
(a) Huseyin's wife.
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when men from the District Government come in "Chapter 32"?
2. In "Chapter 18", why is Horali put in charge of finding Memed?
3. What does Kalayji think of killing Memed?
4. Where does Memed get his supplies from for his hideout in "Chapter 29"?
5. Why does Memed feel he must free Hatche from prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ali Safa clever as a landowner?
2. In "Chapter 18", why does Ali Safa meet with Kalayji?
3. What happens when Abdi is proclaimed to be alive in "Chapter 19"?
4. What do the villagers do at harvest time in "Chapter 32"?
5. What does Memed plan to do when he returns to his home village in "Chapter 17"?
6. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
7. How does Horali die?
8. How does Memed feel after visiting Hatche in prison?
9. How is Memed able to visit Hatche in prison?
10. What is Poor Ali's village like?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)