|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ali Safa want to kill Memed?
(a) Because of how he treated Abdi.
(b) Because he interfered with his plans to take over Vayvay.
(c) Because Abdi convinces him.
(d) He doesn't want to kill Memed.
2. How does Ummet feel about living in a village free of a landlord?
(a) He agrees with it.
(b) He disagrees with it.
(c) He is nervous about the idea.
(d) He thinks he should be landlord.
3. In "Chapter 26", why does Lame Ali think the police only have one road they can travel?
(a) Because their cars break down often.
(b) Because there is construction.
(c) Because they only know one way to town.
(d) Because it is raining.
4. In "Chapter 17", where do Memed and Jabbar go after their escape?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The caves.
(c) The river.
(d) Lame Ali's house.
5. Who does Abdi say set the village on fire?
(a) The outlaw group.
(c) Lame Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abdi say he escaped the burning house?
2. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed say Deyirmenoluk should be free?
3. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
4. Why does Memed visit Deyirmenoluk village in "Chapter 29"?
5. What is Abdi like when he arrives at Ali Safa's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Horali die?
2. What does Memed plan to do when he returns to his home village in "Chapter 17"?
3. In "Chapter 16", what story does Abdi tell Ali Safa's wife?
4. In "Chapter 22", what plans does Memed make for seeing Hatche?
5. What story does Horali tell Memed and Jabbar in "Chapter 20"?
6. How does Memed rescue Hatche and Iraz from the police?
7. In "Chapter 27", what is Ali Safa's main concern?
8. What does Abdi tell Ali Safa about Memed in "Chapter 16"?
9. What do the villagers do at harvest time in "Chapter 32"?
10. How is Memed able to visit Hatche in prison?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)