|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 31", where does Lame Ali leave supplies for Memed and the women?
(a) Hidden under his back porch.
(b) At the base of the mountain.
(c) Next to the river.
(d) Inside their cave.
2. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed leave town?
(a) Because he has to hide from Abdi.
(b) Because the villagers feel betrayed by him.
(c) Because he wants to visit his family.
(d) Because he has other work to do.
3. What does Abdi want Ali Safa to protect him from?
(b) The police.
(c) Lame Ali.
4. How does Lame Ali help Memed rescue Hatche from prison in "Chapter 25"?
(a) He gives Memed a new disguise.
(b) He gets Memed a horse.
(c) He says he will be Memed's right-hand man.
(d) He offers to shoot the guards.
5. What day of the week does Memed go to the prison to see Hatche?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Memed feel he must free Hatche from prison?
2. In "Chapter 30", what does Abdi do to try to calm his fears?
3. What do the little dogs do in Poor Ali's song?
4. Why does Memed visit Deyirmenoluk village in "Chapter 29"?
5. In "Chapter 29", what must Memed, Hatche and Iraz do to get to their hiding spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 19", how do the villagers learn that they are free?
2. How is Memed able to visit Hatche in prison?
3. In "Chapter 16", what history does Big Ismail remember?
4. What happens when Big Osman meets Memed for the first time?
5. Why does Memed visit Yellow Ummet in "Chapter 17"?
6. In "Chapter 18", why does Ali Safa meet with Kalayji?
7. Why do Memed and Hatche argue in "Chapter 33"?
8. What do Memed, Hatche and Iraz do after escaping the police?
9. In "Chapter 16", what story does Abdi tell Ali Safa's wife?
10. What is Memed's visit with Hatche like in the prison?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)