|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suleyman warn Memed not to cross in "Chapter 2"?
(a) The brown river.
(b) The red hill.
(c) The goat fence.
(d) The golden valley.
2. In "Chapter 12", what mistake does Memed say Durdu made?
(a) He stole from kind people.
(b) He made the villagers angry.
(c) He left a trail to their camp.
(d) He spent too much money on clothing.
3. What does Abdi give Lame Ali when they part in "Chapter 15"?
4. Why do many villagers face starvation in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because their crops were poor.
(b) Because the food rotted.
(c) Because of wide-spread illness.
(d) Because someone stole their food.
5. In "Chapter 12", what surprises Memed about the nomads?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their stories.
(d) Their cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2", who does Memed want to adopt him?
2. What does Iraz do after Hatche's mother leaves in "Chapter 13"?
3. What does the innkeeper tell Memed about in "Chapter 7"?
4. In "Chapter 12", how does Memed compare Durdu to Abdi?
5. What illness is Ali suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Memed's band of outlaws meets Ali in "Chapter 14"?
2. What happens when Memed meets with Durmish Ali in "Chapter 15"?
3. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
4. How do Iraz and Hatche become friends?
5. Why does Memed return to Suleyman's house in "Chapter 10"?
6. What does Suleyman do when Memed shows up at his house?
7. What happens when Sgt. Rejep lights Huseyin's house on fire?
8. What happens when Durdu's group is attacked in "Chapter 12"?
9. How does Suleyman help Memed after he shoots Abdi?
10. In "Chapter 6", what do Memed and his mother do when they face starvation?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)