|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sgt. Rejep injured in "Chapter 12"?
(a) The neck.
(b) The abdomen.
(c) The arm.
(d) The leg.
2. What does Abdi give Lame Ali when they part in "Chapter 15"?
3. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
(a) As punishment for running away.
(b) Because he paid for the seeds.
(c) Because of an increase in taxes.
(d) He has a new family to feed.
4. What does Memed do while shooting at the police in "Chapter 12"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs backwards.
(c) He gives the others directions.
(d) He yells threats.
5. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That he will lower taxes.
(b) That no one will get food.
(c) That Deuneh will not get any food.
(d) That he, too, is out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Memed's wheat does Abdi take in "Chapter 5"?
2. What happens when Memed runs through thistles in "Chapter 2"?
3. Where does Memed meet Ismail in "Chapter 15"?
4. How many villages are in Dikenli?
5. What does Suleyman warn Memed not to cross in "Chapter 2"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Iraz and Hatche become friends?
2. What makes Memed's relationship with Hatche in "Chapter 8" complicated?
3. In the beginning of "Chapter 12", why is Memed upset with Durdu?
4. What happens when Durdu attacks the nomad camp?
5. What happens when Memed visits the town in "Chapter 7"?
6. How does Memed return home after running away?
7. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
8. What happens when Durdu's group is attacked in "Chapter 12"?
9. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
10. How does Iraz end up in prison?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)