|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 11", what gives Hatche hope in jail?
(a) A letter from Memed.
(b) Seeing the sunlight.
(c) The guard taking her side.
(d) Seeing her mother.
2. In "Chapter 12", what mistake does Memed say Durdu made?
(a) He left a trail to their camp.
(b) He made the villagers angry.
(c) He stole from kind people.
(d) He spent too much money on clothing.
3. How does Durdu attack the machine gun nest in "Chapter 12"?
(a) With fireworks.
(b) With dynamite.
(c) With a machine gun.
(d) With grenades.
4. What does the innkeeper tell Memed about in "Chapter 7"?
(a) His childhood town.
(b) How to find a woman.
(c) How to make money.
(d) His job.
5. Why will Lame Ali help Memed track Abdi in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he has no friendly ties to Abdi.
(b) Because he was tracking Abdi anyway.
(c) Because he will work for free.
(d) Because he knows where Abdi went.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hatche's mother tell her about Abdi's reaction to her letter to the judge?
2. How does Hatche's mother feel about turning the letter in to the judge?
3. After Durdu's band is attacked in "Chapter 12", what other problem do they face?
4. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
5. In "Chapter 4", why does Memed worry about the harvest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Memed harvests wheat in "Chapter 5"?
2. How does Memed feel before running off with Hatche?
3. How does Suleyman help Memed after he shoots Abdi?
4. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
5. What happens when Durdu's group is attacked in "Chapter 12"?
6. What happens when Memed's band of outlaws meets Ali in "Chapter 14"?
7. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
8. How does Hatche feel when she is first sent to prison?
9. What makes Memed's relationship with Hatche in "Chapter 8" complicated?
10. Why does Memed return to Suleyman's house in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)