|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Memed call Hatche at her house?
(a) He knocks at her cellar door.
(b) He throws rocks at her window.
(c) He has his cousin go get her.
(d) He uses a bird call.
2. What does the innkeeper tell Memed about in "Chapter 7"?
(a) How to make money.
(b) How to find a woman.
(c) His childhood town.
(d) His job.
3. Why does Memed believe that the old man in "Chapter 7" is Big Ahmet?
(a) Because of his watch.
(b) Because of his stories.
(c) Because of his mole.
(d) Because of his size.
4. Where does Memed hide when the police come looking for him in "Chapter 15"?
(a) The hayloft.
(b) Under a table.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) In the wheat fields.
5. In "Chapter 14", why does Ali say he would prefer to be shot?
(a) Because he doesn't want to lose his money.
(b) Because he is drunk.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) Because he doesn't want to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Abdi's servants describe the cities of Chukurova?
2. Why does Memed confess that he is working for Suleyman to Husuk?
3. How many people does Abdi have agree with his story that Hatche shot his nephew?
4. Why does Iraz's brother-in-law steal her land?
5. How many villages are in Dikenli?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 6", what do Memed and his mother do when they face starvation?
2. How do Iraz and Hatche become friends?
3. What is the nomad camp in "Chapter 12" like?
4. What happens when Memed meets with Durmish Ali in "Chapter 15"?
5. What happens after Memed harvests wheat in "Chapter 5"?
6. What does Suleyman do when Memed shows up at his house?
7. What makes Memed's relationship with Hatche in "Chapter 8" complicated?
8. How does Suleyman help Memed after he shoots Abdi?
9. In the beginning of "Chapter 12", why is Memed upset with Durdu?
10. Why does Riza desire to reclaim land?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)