|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poor Ali do in "Chapter 22" while spending time with Memed?
(a) Plays music.
(b) Takes naps.
(c) Reads books.
(d) Mends clothing.
2. How does Abdi feel when he runs into Big Osman in "Chapter 23"?
3. What does Abdi tell Ali Safa in "Chapter 16" he wanted to happen to Memed?
(a) He says he wanted Memed to move back to the village.
(b) He says he wanted Memed to take over his position of power.
(c) He says he wanted Memed to take care of his mother.
(d) He says he wanted Memed to die.
4. Why does Ali Safa want to kill Memed?
(a) Because Abdi convinces him.
(b) He doesn't want to kill Memed.
(c) Because he interfered with his plans to take over Vayvay.
(d) Because of how he treated Abdi.
5. In "Chapter 25", what does Memed plan to do before freeing Hatche from prison?
(a) Have his hair cut.
(b) Say a set of prayers.
(c) Attack the police.
(d) Ask the rebel band to help.
6. Why does Aunt Huru visit the neighboring villagers in "Chapter 32"?
(a) To take a census.
(b) To remind them not to give their crops to Abdi.
(c) To try to find where Memed is hiding.
(d) To beg for a little extra wheat.
7. In "Chapter 24", where does Memed spend the night on his way to see Hatche in prison?
(a) The mill.
(b) The caves.
(c) The river.
(d) The prison.
8. What does Kalayji think of killing Memed?
(a) He thinks it is foolish.
(b) He thinks it will help him become a landlord.
(c) He thinks it will be easy.
(d) He thinks it is a bad idea.
9. How does Horali say Durdu died?
(a) In a fire.
(b) In a shoot-out.
(c) In a stampede.
(d) From disease.
10. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed leave town?
(a) Because he has to hide from Abdi.
(b) Because he has other work to do.
(c) Because the villagers feel betrayed by him.
(d) Because he wants to visit his family.
11. In "Chapter 27", where does Abdi go to complain the Memed is after him?
(a) Hawk's Rock.
(b) The town.
(c) A hotel.
12. In "Chapter 20", where does Horali say Durdu started shooting people?
(a) In the stomachs.
(b) In the heads.
(c) In the arms.
(d) In the legs.
13. Why does Memed visit Deyirmenoluk village in "Chapter 29"?
(a) To get supplies.
(b) To visit his uncle.
(c) To bring Lame Ali news.
(d) To find Abdi.
14. What day of the week does Memed go to the prison to see Hatche?
15. In "Chapter 29", what must Memed, Hatche and Iraz do to get to their hiding spot?
(a) Climb a cliff.
(b) Dig a ditch.
(c) Cross a river.
(d) Cut down trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Yellow Bekir?
2. In "Chapter 30", what does Abdi do to try to calm his fears?
3. In "Chapter 23" why can't Abdi send a letter to Ahmed?
4. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
5. What do the villagers do when they hear that Abdi is dead in "Chapter 19"?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)