|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 26", where does Memed shoot the police officer?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the leg.
(d) He misses him when he shoots.
2. Why does Memed surrender to Asim?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He wants to protect Hatche.
(c) He runs out of ammunition.
(d) He is bluffing.
3. What does Memed do with Iraz and Hatche after rescuing them from the police?
(a) He carries Hatche.
(b) He sends them running off of foot.
(c) He puts them on a horse.
(d) He has them leave with Lame Ali in a cart.
4. In "Chapter 25", what does Memed plan to do before freeing Hatche from prison?
(a) Attack the police.
(b) Say a set of prayers.
(c) Have his hair cut.
(d) Ask the rebel band to help.
5. Why do Iraz and Hatche dream of an amnesty in "Chapter 31"?
(a) So they can make their own money.
(b) So they can travel.
(c) So they can escape.
(d) So they can have clean records.
6. When is Yellow Bekir shot and killed?
(a) On his wedding day.
(b) On his birthday.
(c) On the sabbath.
(d) On the new year.
7. In "Chapter 19", where do Memed and Jabbar go while in Deyirmenoluk?
(a) Durmish Ali's house.
(b) Lame Ali's house.
(c) The new city hall.
(d) The town square.
8. In "Chapter 34", why does the shepherd boy admit to seeing Memed?
(a) Because he likes the police.
(b) Because he is beaten.
(c) Because Abdi promises his a job.
(d) Because he is paid money.
9. Why can't Hatche help Memed escape the police?
(a) Because she is too upset.
(b) Because she is too weak.
(c) Because she ran away.
(d) Because she is captured first.
10. How does Ummet feel about living in a village free of a landlord?
(a) He thinks he should be landlord.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He is nervous about the idea.
11. What day of the week does Memed go to the prison to see Hatche?
12. Who does Abdi say set the village on fire?
(a) The outlaw group.
(d) Lame Ali.
13. In "Chapter 17", why does Memed want to look over his home village?
(a) To avenge his mother.
(b) To protect it.
(c) To have power.
(d) To earn money.
14. What does Memed want to burn in his home village in "Chapter 17"?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The old houses.
(c) The thistles.
(d) Abdi's house.
15. What does Poor Ali do in "Chapter 22" while spending time with Memed?
(a) Plays music.
(b) Takes naps.
(c) Mends clothing.
(d) Reads books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lame Ali help Memed rescue Hatche from prison in "Chapter 25"?
2. Who took over the Turkomen tribes after World War I?
3. In "Chapter 27", where does Abdi go to complain the Memed is after him?
4. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
5. What is Abdi like when he arrives at Ali Safa's house?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)