|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces to the villagers of Deyirmenoluk that the fields are now their own?
(b) Lame Ali.
(c) Durmish Ali.
2. In "Chapter 17", where do Memed and Jabbar go after their escape?
(a) The river.
(b) Lame Ali's house.
(c) The caves.
(d) The rocks.
3. What happens when Memed surrenders in "Chapter 34"?
(a) Memed shoots more rounds at the opposition.
(b) He is laughed at.
(c) They refuse to accept the surrender.
(d) Hatche runs out of the cave.
4. What does Big Osman collect from the Vayvay villagers?
5. How does Horali say Durdu died?
(a) In a shoot-out.
(b) In a stampede.
(c) From disease.
(d) In a fire.
6. What day of the week does Memed go to the prison to see Hatche?
7. Why can't Hatche help Memed escape the police?
(a) Because she is captured first.
(b) Because she is too weak.
(c) Because she ran away.
(d) Because she is too upset.
8. How does Jabbar feel about Memed wanting to visit Hatche in prison?
(a) He thinks it is dangerous.
(b) He thinks Memed will need a large team to go with him.
(c) He thinks it will be a nice visit.
(d) He thinks it will waste too much time.
9. In "Chapter 29", what must Memed, Hatche and Iraz do to get to their hiding spot?
(a) Dig a ditch.
(b) Climb a cliff.
(c) Cross a river.
(d) Cut down trees.
10. Where does Ummet show Memed and Jabbar the safe place to sleep?
(a) In the caves.
(b) In his cellar.
(c) Next to the river.
(d) On the other side of the river.
11. What do the villagers do when they hear that Abdi is dead in "Chapter 19"?
(a) They start a riot.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They act confused.
(d) The mourn.
12. In "Chapter 22" Memed says he doesn't have money problems but he is worried about what else?
(b) The new government.
(c) Kalayji's family.
13. Where does Memed get his supplies from for his hideout in "Chapter 29"?
(a) Abdi's storehouse.
(b) Aunt Huru lets him borrow some.
(c) The town fair.
(d) His old house.
14. Who give Memed the nick name "My Hawk"?
(a) Lame Ali.
(b) Durmish Ali.
(d) Big Osman.
15. In "Chapter 18", why is Horali put in charge of finding Memed?
(a) Because he knows him.
(b) Because he can write letters back to Abdi.
(c) Because he is the fastest.
(d) Becase he is a good tracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Big Osman react when he hears that Kalayji is dead?
2. Why does Lame Ali say he cannot track Memed in "Chapter 34"?
3. What does the new national government in Ankara try to do?
4. What is Abdi like when he arrives at Ali Safa's house?
5. What does Memed want to burn in his home village in "Chapter 17"?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)