|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Memed surrender to Asim?
(a) He runs out of ammunition.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He wants to protect Hatche.
(d) He is bluffing.
2. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed leave town?
(a) Because he has to hide from Abdi.
(b) Because the villagers feel betrayed by him.
(c) Because he wants to visit his family.
(d) Because he has other work to do.
3. Why doesn't Ali Safa want the troops to come as Abdi requests in "Chapter 27"?
(a) He doesn't want Abdi to get in trouble.
(b) He doesn't want the troops to stop him.
(c) He doesn't want the troops to waste their time.
(d) He doesn't want to be arrested.
4. In "Chapter 16", what does Ali Safa say Abdi's role in planning Memed's murder is?
(a) Staying hidden.
(b) Getting ammunition.
(c) Finding Memed.
(d) Rounding up a team.
5. In "Chapter 29", what must Memed, Hatche and Iraz do to get to their hiding spot?
(a) Climb a cliff.
(b) Cut down trees.
(c) Dig a ditch.
(d) Cross a river.
6. What does Memed do with Iraz and Hatche after rescuing them from the police?
(a) He sends them running off of foot.
(b) He carries Hatche.
(c) He has them leave with Lame Ali in a cart.
(d) He puts them on a horse.
7. In "Chapter 17", where do Memed and Jabbar go after their escape?
(a) Lame Ali's house.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The river.
(d) The caves.
8. In "Chapter 33", why is Hatche angry with Memed?
(a) Because he didn't erase his tracks.
(b) Because they live in a cave.
(c) Because he left her overnight.
(d) Because he ate all the food.
9. How does Big Osman greet Memed in "Chapter 22"?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He salutes him.
(c) He turns his back to him.
(d) He hugs him.
10. In "Chapter 19", where do Memed and Jabbar go while in Deyirmenoluk?
(a) The new city hall.
(b) Durmish Ali's house.
(c) Lame Ali's house.
(d) The town square.
11. How does Horali say Durdu died?
(a) In a shoot-out.
(b) From disease.
(c) In a stampede.
(d) In a fire.
12. What do the villagers do when they hear that Abdi is dead in "Chapter 19"?
(a) The mourn.
(b) They act confused.
(c) They start a riot.
(d) They celebrate.
13. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed say Deyirmenoluk should be free?
(a) Because Abdi is dead.
(b) Because the new government wants it that way.
(c) Because the villagers deserve it.
(d) Because the village is too large to control.
14. In "Chapter 31", where does Lame Ali leave supplies for Memed and the women?
(a) Next to the river.
(b) Hidden under his back porch.
(c) At the base of the mountain.
(d) Inside their cave.
15. What does Memed think when he runs into Horali in "Chapter 20"?
(a) That Horali wants to join his side.
(b) That it is fate.
(c) That Horali is in trouble.
(d) That it is a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new national government in Ankara try to do?
2. While talking to Ali Safa's wife, who does Abdi say was sent to rescue him from the burning house?
3. Why does Memed feel he must free Hatche from prison?
4. How does Abdi say he escaped the burning house?
5. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)