|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 25", what does Memed plan to do before freeing Hatche from prison?
(a) Say a set of prayers.
(b) Have his hair cut.
(c) Ask the rebel band to help.
(d) Attack the police.
2. In "Chapter 34", why does the shepherd boy admit to seeing Memed?
(a) Because he likes the police.
(b) Because he is beaten.
(c) Because he is paid money.
(d) Because Abdi promises his a job.
3. What happens when Memed surrenders in "Chapter 34"?
(a) He is laughed at.
(b) Memed shoots more rounds at the opposition.
(c) Hatche runs out of the cave.
(d) They refuse to accept the surrender.
4. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed leave town?
(a) Because he has to hide from Abdi.
(b) Because the villagers feel betrayed by him.
(c) Because he has other work to do.
(d) Because he wants to visit his family.
5. In "Chapter 19", why does Memed say Deyirmenoluk should be free?
(a) Because the village is too large to control.
(b) Because the villagers deserve it.
(c) Because the new government wants it that way.
(d) Because Abdi is dead.
6. In "Chapter 16", what does Big Ismail say the tribes all used to be?
7. In "Chapter 19", where do Memed and Jabbar go while in Deyirmenoluk?
(a) The town square.
(b) Lame Ali's house.
(c) Durmish Ali's house.
(d) The new city hall.
8. What do the little dogs do in Poor Ali's song?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Defeat a big dog.
(c) Rescue a woman.
(d) Start a new government.
9. In "Chapter 24", where does Memed spend the night on his way to see Hatche in prison?
(a) The river.
(b) The prison.
(c) The caves.
(d) The mill.
10. What does Kalayji think of killing Memed?
(a) He thinks it is foolish.
(b) He thinks it will be easy.
(c) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(d) He thinks it will help him become a landlord.
11. How does the narrator describe Ali Safa?
12. What happens when men from the District Government come in "Chapter 32"?
(a) They try to reinstate Abdi as a leader.
(b) They burn the grain silos.
(c) They can't find any grain.
(d) They bring Abdi as a prisoner.
13. Why does it take Memed a week to return home one day when he leaves the cave in "'Chapter 31"?
(a) Because he is ambushed and shot.
(b) Because he spotted Abdi and followed him.
(c) Because he had to help Lame Ali.
(d) Because he got lost in the woods.
14. How does Horali say Durdu died?
(a) In a stampede.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a shoot-out.
(d) From disease.
15. How does Lame Ali help Memed rescue Hatche from prison in "Chapter 25"?
(a) He gives Memed a new disguise.
(b) He says he will be Memed's right-hand man.
(c) He gets Memed a horse.
(d) He offers to shoot the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ali Safa want the troops to come as Abdi requests in "Chapter 27"?
2. How does Ummet feel about living in a village free of a landlord?
3. Why do Iraz and Hatche dream of an amnesty in "Chapter 31"?
4. In "Chapter 16", what does Ali Safa say Abdi's role in planning Memed's murder is?
5. Why does Memed visit Deyirmenoluk village in "Chapter 29"?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)