|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the brigands hide during the fire in "Chapter 15"?
(a) The wheat fields.
(b) A barn.
(c) The marsh.
(d) In town.
2. How do the police get Huseyin to open his door when they come looking for outlaws?
(a) They threaten to use grenades.
(b) They take his wife hostage.
(c) They light his house on fire.
(d) They shoot through the windows.
3. In "Chapter 8", what is the inn like in town?
4. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That he, too, is out of food.
(b) That Deuneh will not get any food.
(c) That he will lower taxes.
(d) That no one will get food.
5. How much does Mad Fahri charge Hatche's mother to write a letter to the judge?
(a) Fifteen lira.
(b) Five lira.
(c) Ten lira.
(d) Twenty lira.
6. In "Chapter 2", who does Memed want to adopt him?
(a) A wealthy sultan.
(b) A goat herder.
(c) A prince.
(d) A lawyer.
7. How far does Memed walk from his home village in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
8. What do the nomads in "Chapter 12" give Memed when he leaves?
(c) Gold coins.
9. What does Memed tell Ali to do after he decides to not rob him in "Chapter 14"?
(a) To find a weapon.
(b) To take a different route.
(c) To become a man.
(d) To get home quickly.
10. How does Riza reclaim his father's land?
(a) He buys it at an auction.
(b) He starts working for the owner.
(c) He uses the government.
(d) He takes it by force.
11. In "Chapter 12", how does Memed compare Durdu to Abdi?
(a) He says they are both rich men.
(b) He says they are both persecutors.
(c) He says they are both complicated men.
(d) He says they are both powerful.
12. Why does Deuneh worry in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because Memed isn't home.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) Because her mother is sick.
(d) Because Memed's search party is late.
13. In "Chapter 7", where do the oaks grow?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In rocks.
(c) In pots.
(d) In the river.
14. Why does Durdu welcome Memed into his band?
(a) Because he shot Abdi.
(b) Because he refuses to pay taxes.
(c) Because he pays him.
(d) Because he has nowhere to go.
15. What season is it in "Chapter 4"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdi give Lame Ali when they part in "Chapter 15"?
2. After Durdu's band is attacked in "Chapter 12", what other problem do they face?
3. What happens when Memed runs through thistles in "Chapter 2"?
4. In "Chapter 14", why does Ali say he would prefer to be shot?
5. Why does Memed want to kill Abdi's sons in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)