|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because he paid for the seeds.
(b) Because of an increase in taxes.
(c) As punishment for running away.
(d) He has a new family to feed.
2. Why do many villagers face starvation in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because of wide-spread illness.
(b) Because the food rotted.
(c) Because their crops were poor.
(d) Because someone stole their food.
3. How do Suleyman and his wife react when Memed returns in "Chapter 10"?
(a) They make him show identification.
(b) They hug him immediately.
(c) They don't recognize him.
(d) They are cold toward him.
4. What is Hatche's initial reaction to Iraz?
(a) She feels sad looking at her.
(b) She likes her a lot.
(c) She has no reaction.
(d) She is afraid of her.
5. Why does Deuneh visit Abdi in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To have him take her to town.
(b) To help her find Memed.
(c) To borrow his cart.
(d) To ask for money.
6. In "Chapter 5", who helps Memed harvest wheat?
(d) A horse.
7. Why is Lame Ali suggested as the leader for the search party after Memed and Hatche?
(a) Because he knows Memed well.
(b) Because of his speed.
(c) Because of his large team.
(d) Because of his tracking skills.
8. What does Suleyman think Memed should do following his shooting of Abdi?
(a) Join the outlaws.
(b) Turn himself into the chief of police.
(c) Form his own gang.
(d) Go into hiding.
9. Where do the brigands hide during the fire in "Chapter 15"?
(a) A barn.
(b) In town.
(c) The wheat fields.
(d) The marsh.
10. In "Chapter 7", where do the oaks grow?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In pots.
(c) In rocks.
(d) In the river.
11. After Durdu's band is attacked in "Chapter 12", what other problem do they face?
(a) They are lost.
(b) They have run out of food.
(c) They lost most of their weapons.
(d) They have no place to sleep.
12. In "Chapter 2", who does Memed want to adopt him?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A goat herder.
(c) A prince.
(d) A wealthy sultan.
13. Why is Durdu unable to finish his robbery in "Chapter 12"?
(a) Because Memed stops him.
(b) Because the tent catches on fire.
(c) Because the nomad runs away.
(d) Because he can't carry all the loot.
14. Why does Memed order sherbet in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Because the cups it comes in are shiny.
(b) Because he finds some extra money.
(c) Because he likes the girl who is selling it.
(d) Because he is hot.
15. How far does Memed walk from his home village in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so unique about Marash?
2. What does Suleyman warn Memed not to cross in "Chapter 2"?
3. What do the nomads in "Chapter 12" give Memed when he leaves?
4. How do the police get Huseyin to open his door when they come looking for outlaws?
5. What does Iraz do after Hatche's mother leaves in "Chapter 13"?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)