|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is Ali suffering from?
2. How many people does Abdi have agree with his story that Hatche shot his nephew?
3. Why does Memed believe that the old man in "Chapter 7" is Big Ahmet?
(a) Because of his stories.
(b) Because of his size.
(c) Because of his mole.
(d) Because of his watch.
4. What does Memed do while shooting at the police in "Chapter 12"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs backwards.
(c) He yells threats.
(d) He gives the others directions.
5. Who tells Memed that his mother is dead?
(d) Durmish Ali.
6. In "Chapter 14", what is Ali's concern about getting married?
(a) Giving up his girlfriend.
(b) Paying the dowry.
(c) Moving away from his family.
(d) Supporting a wife.
7. Why is Durdu unable to finish his robbery in "Chapter 12"?
(a) Because Memed stops him.
(b) Because the tent catches on fire.
(c) Because the nomad runs away.
(d) Because he can't carry all the loot.
8. In "Chapter 9", where are Memed and Hatche caught?
(a) Next to a river.
(b) Behind a bush.
(c) At a nearby inn.
(d) In a cave.
9. What is Durdu's signature when he robs someone?
(a) He shaves their facial hair.
(b) He cuts an "x" in their shirt.
(c) He burns a mark in their palm.
(d) He makes them strip naked.
10. What does Hatche's mother tell her about Abdi's reaction to her letter to the judge?
(a) She says Abdi has started witholding food.
(b) She says he doesn't know about it.
(c) She says she can't return to town.
(d) She says her friend was beaten.
11. What type of village does Iraz live in?
(a) A farming village.
(b) A weaving village.
(c) An animal herding village.
(d) A shop-keeping village.
12. What does Hatche make for Memed in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A hat and scarf.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A sweater.
13. Why is Lame Ali suggested as the leader for the search party after Memed and Hatche?
(a) Because of his speed.
(b) Because of his large team.
(c) Because he knows Memed well.
(d) Because of his tracking skills.
14. What happens to Durdu's band after the attack in "Chapter 12"?
(a) They are broken up.
(b) Most of them are killed.
(c) They decide to abandon Durdu.
(d) Some of them turn themselves in to the police.
15. What do the nomads in "Chapter 12" give Memed when he leaves?
(b) Gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Memed is shot at in "Chapter 12"?
2. How does Memed call Hatche at her house?
3. What does Iraz do after Hatche's mother leaves in "Chapter 13"?
4. How does Durdu attack the machine gun nest in "Chapter 12"?
5. Why does Hatche's mother have Mad Fahri write a letter to the judge?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)