|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Durdu's band is attacked in "Chapter 12", what other problem do they face?
(a) They lost most of their weapons.
(b) They are lost.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) They have no place to sleep.
2. Why does Memed tell Suleyman he left home?
(a) Because his home burned down.
(b) Because he was beaten.
(c) Because he was kicked out of town.
(d) Because his parents are dead.
3. Why is Abdi presumed dead in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he was shot five times.
(b) Because no one sees him leave a burning building.
(c) Because Lame Ali said he was dead.
(d) Because he dove into a river and never surfaced.
4. Why is Durdu unable to finish his robbery in "Chapter 12"?
(a) Because Memed stops him.
(b) Because the nomad runs away.
(c) Because the tent catches on fire.
(d) Because he can't carry all the loot.
5. What does Hatche make for Memed in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A hat and scarf.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A pair of socks.
6. What does Abdi give Lame Ali when they part in "Chapter 15"?
7. Why does Memed believe that the old man in "Chapter 7" is Big Ahmet?
(a) Because of his mole.
(b) Because of his stories.
(c) Because of his size.
(d) Because of his watch.
8. Where is Sgt. Rejep injured in "Chapter 12"?
(a) The abdomen.
(b) The arm.
(c) The leg.
(d) The neck.
9. How does Riza reclaim his father's land?
(a) He takes it by force.
(b) He starts working for the owner.
(c) He uses the government.
(d) He buys it at an auction.
10. Why does Memed confess that he is working for Suleyman to Husuk?
(a) Because Husuk threatens him.
(b) Because Husuk catches him with the goats.
(c) Because Husuk is a trusted friend.
(d) Because Husuk offers him a job.
11. How does Durdu attack the machine gun nest in "Chapter 12"?
(a) With fireworks.
(b) With grenades.
(c) With a machine gun.
(d) With dynamite.
12. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That he will lower taxes.
(b) That Deuneh will not get any food.
(c) That he, too, is out of food.
(d) That no one will get food.
13. In "Chapter 12", what mistake does Memed say Durdu made?
(a) He spent too much money on clothing.
(b) He left a trail to their camp.
(c) He stole from kind people.
(d) He made the villagers angry.
14. Why does Memed say he has to run away with Hatche?
(a) It will help him find work.
(b) Because she isn't respected in town.
(c) It's the only way they can be together.
(d) Because it is cheaper than getting married.
15. What does Memed do while shooting at the police in "Chapter 12"?
(a) He gives the others directions.
(b) He runs backwards.
(c) He yells threats.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hatche taken to prison?
2. In "Chapter 13", what does Hatche's mother tell her about Memed?
3. In "Chapter 9", where are Memed and Hatche caught?
4. Why do many villagers face starvation in "Chapter 6"?
5. In "Chapter 4", why does Memed worry about the harvest?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)