|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11, pp. 97-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because of an increase in taxes.
(b) Because he paid for the seeds.
(c) As punishment for running away.
(d) He has a new family to feed.
2. What does Hatche make for Memed in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A pair of socks.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A hat and scarf.
(d) A jacket.
3. In "Chapter 7", where do the oaks grow?
(a) In pots.
(b) In rocks.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the forest.
4. What do Abdi's servants think happened to Memed?
(a) They think he was kidnapped.
(b) They think he found work in another village.
(c) They think his father beat him.
(d) They think he ran away.
5. What does Abdi declare when the villagers beg him for food in "Chapter 6"?
(a) That he will lower taxes.
(b) That no one will get food.
(c) That he, too, is out of food.
(d) That Deuneh will not get any food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so unique about Marash?
2. How much of Memed's wheat does Abdi take in "Chapter 5"?
3. How does Memed feel while harvesting wheat in "Chapter 5"?
4. Why does Deuneh visit Abdi in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why does Durmish Ali give bread to Deuneh?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)