|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11, pp. 97-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", what does Memed do when the old man offers him food?
(a) He takes the food and leaves.
(b) He takes it and talks with the man.
(c) He refuses it.
(d) He offers the man money.
2. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
(a) Because he paid for the seeds.
(b) Because of an increase in taxes.
(c) He has a new family to feed.
(d) As punishment for running away.
3. What is so unique about Marash?
(a) It has a wall around it.
(b) It is controlled by women.
(c) It doesn't farm for money.
(d) It doesn't have an Agha ruling it.
4. Why does Abdi have Hatche beaten after he recovers from his gunshot wound?
(a) Because he is still too weak.
(b) Because he can't find her.
(c) To send the message that she is in trouble.
(d) To show he forgives her.
5. How does Hatche's mother feel about turning the letter in to the judge?
(a) She feels intimidated by his office.
(b) She feels that it is difficult.
(c) She feels worried.
(d) She feels proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deuneh give to Abdi for wheat in "Chapter 6"?
2. While in prison in "Chapter 11", what does Hatche ask her mother about?
3. Why does Deuneh visit Abdi in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does Hatche's mother have Mad Fahri write a letter to the judge?
5. Why does Memed say he has to run away with Hatche?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)