|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11, pp. 97-132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deuneh visit Abdi in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To have him take her to town.
(b) To borrow his cart.
(c) To help her find Memed.
(d) To ask for money.
2. In "Chapter 7", where do the oaks grow?
(a) In the river.
(b) In pots.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In rocks.
3. What do Abdi's servants think happened to Memed?
(a) They think his father beat him.
(b) They think he ran away.
(c) They think he was kidnapped.
(d) They think he found work in another village.
4. What does Hatche make for Memed in "Chapter 7"?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A hat and scarf.
5. Why do many villagers face starvation in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because of wide-spread illness.
(b) Because their crops were poor.
(c) Because the food rotted.
(d) Because someone stole their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Durmish Ali give bread to Deuneh?
2. Why does Memed confess that he is working for Suleyman to Husuk?
3. Why does Durdu welcome Memed into his band?
4. Why does Deuneh worry in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does Suleyman think Memed should do following his shooting of Abdi?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)