|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18, pp. 258-270.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abdi take so much of Memed's wheat in "Chapter 5"?
(a) As punishment for running away.
(b) Because he paid for the seeds.
(c) He has a new family to feed.
(d) Because of an increase in taxes.
2. What happens when Memed is shot at in "Chapter 12"?
(a) He is able to dodge all the bullets.
(b) He is only grazed.
(c) He is hit in the foot.
(d) He is hit in the leg.
3. In "Chapter 15", who does Lame Ali discover is protecting Abdi?
(a) An outlaw band.
(b) A relative.
(c) A group of women.
(d) Another leader.
4. In "Chapter 17", why does Memed want to return to his home village?
(a) To give the villagers legal deeds to their land.
(b) To go into hiding.
(c) To collect mementos from his childhood.
(d) To establish himself as the new village leader.
5. What does Kalayji think of killing Memed?
(a) He thinks it is foolish.
(b) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(c) He thinks it will be easy.
(d) He thinks it will help him become a landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many villagers face starvation in "Chapter 6"?
2. What is Durdu's signature when he robs someone?
3. Why does Abdi have Hatche beaten after he recovers from his gunshot wound?
4. What does Memed want to burn in his home village in "Chapter 17"?
5. In "Chapter 12", how does Memed compare Durdu to Abdi?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)