Chapters 1-3, pp. 3-29
1. In "Chapter 1", what part of Turkey is described?
2. How many villages are in Dikenli?
3. What happens when Memed runs through thistles in "Chapter 2"?
(a) His legs get cut.
(b) His pants get stuck.
(c) He falls down.
(d) He scratches his new shoes.
4. In "Chapter 2", who does Memed want to adopt him?
(a) A wealthy sultan.
(b) A prince.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A goat herder.
5. How far does Memed walk from his home village in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
6. What does Suleyman warn Memed not to cross in "Chapter 2"?
(a) The red hill.
(b) The golden valley.
(c) The goat fence.
(d) The brown river.
7. Why does Memed tell Suleyman he left home?
(a) Because he was beaten.
(b) Because he was kicked out of town.
(c) Because his home burned down.
(d) Because his parents are dead.
8. Why does Deuneh worry in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because Memed's search party is late.
(c) Because her mother is sick.
(d) Because Memed isn't home.
This section contains 4,660 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)