Chapters 1-3, pp. 3-29
• Memed lives in southeast Turkey.
• Memed runs away from his village and hopes to be adopted by someone in a neighboring village.
• Memed meets Suleyman, who takes him in.
• Memed's mother starts searching for her missing son.
Chapter 4-6, pp. 29-50
• Memed returns home to help his mother harvest.
• Abdi takes three-fourths of Deuneh's harvest and they face starvation.
• Deuneh and Memed face starvation. Their neighbors give them bread.
• Abdi gives Deuneh wheat in exchange for a cow and calf.
Chapters 7-9, pp. 50- 96
• Memed and his friend travel to the city.
• Memed decides to run off with Hatche.
• Deuneh is beaten by Abdi when Memed runs off with Hatche.
• Memed and Hatche are discovered. Memed shoots Abdi and gets away, but Hatche is caught.
Chapters 10-11, pp. 97-132
• Memed goes to Suleyman for help after shooting Abdi.
• Memed becomes part of an outlaw...
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)