|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry know that the last afternoon in the kitchen is over?
2. What Bible verse does Bernice reference while speaking with F. Jasmin about the wedding?
3. Who was coming to visit Bernice on the night that F. Jasmin was at her home?
4. According to Bernice's mother, what are F. Jasmin's two lucky numbers?
5. What does the sign above the sign above the sink in the Blue Moon hotel read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Member of the Wedding, Frankie is the protagonist of the novel. Is Frankie her own antagonist? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Janice's character play in the novel? Why does the author choose to introduce Janice to reader in the manner that he does? Why is Janice's character significant? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Big Mama's prediction about F. Jasmin's future regarding the roads, trains, and money, foreshadow what comes later in the novel? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)