|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While trying to resist the solider, what does F. Jasmin do to buy herself some time?
2. After telling F. Jasmin about her four marriages, what does Bernice warn F. Jasmin of?
3. What happens when Bernice tries to reason with Frankie about her wedding plans?
4. Where did Bernice and Ludie get married?
5. What color is the dress that F. Jasmin plans on wearing to the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author chose to use a narrator to tell Frankie's story? Why did the author not use the first person narrative to portray her struggle to belong to a group? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Frankie disconnected from the world? What does she do to try to reconnect with the world? Provide at least two reasons for both questions. Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In the Member of the Wedding, Frankie is the protagonist of the novel. Is Frankie her own antagonist? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)