|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign above the sign above the sink in the Blue Moon hotel read?
2. What does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry all do, suddenly, at the same time in the darkening kitchen?
3. What does F. Jasmin compare her date to?
4. What does F. Jasmin say she will do if her brother and the bride do not take her with them?
5. Which one of Bernice's husbands was an alcoholic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Member of the Wedding, Frankie is the protagonist of the novel. Is Frankie her own antagonist? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the protagonist so mesmerized by the relationship between Jarvis and Janice and Berenice and her four husbands? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the novel, what do you think are Frankie's three biggest fears? Why do you think each of these represent her biggest fears? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)