|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what happens to Frankie's best friend?
2. Who is F. Jasmin Addams?
3. What does F. Jasmin's father wear on the Saturday before the wedding?
4. What stores does Mr. Addams tell F. Jasmin to charge a wedding dress, shoes and stockings?
5. In Part I, what does Frankie, Berenice, and John Henry do every afternoon after eating dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does F. Jasmin connect with Berenice?
2. Describe Berenice's four marriages.
3. How does time become Frankie's enemy in Part 3?
4. Describe Mary Littlejohn and her family.
5. What does Berenice translate what she thinks F. Jasmin is saying? How does this help F. Jasmin?
6. Describe John Henry.
7. What are Frankie's plans for after her brother marries his bride-to-be and why does she make these plans?
8. Describe Big Mama.
9. What is Frankie's initial reaction to her brother's engagement?
10. What new fear does F. Jasmin have by the end of Part 2, Chapter 3? Why does she have this fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in the novel, The Member of the Wedding, cause Frances to lose her innocence? How do these events connect her to other girls her age and make her a member of something? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does becoming F. Jasmin help Frankie to escape her current situation? How does becoming F. Jasmin hinder Frankie's escape from her current situation? How are Frankie, F. Jasmin, and Frances similar? How are they different? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about the setting of this novel? Why is the setting significant? Why is it important to understand the real world significance of the story in order to understand Frankie's story? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)