|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frankie used to do at the Blue Moon?
2. What was Jarvis's position in the army?
3. What did Frankie send Jarvis when he first left for Alaska?
4. Who does F. Jasmin brag to about having a date?
5. What time does F. Jasmin agree to meet the soldier for a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings the wedding feeling back to F. Jasmin on her way home?
2. What changes does the month of November bring for Frances, Berenice, and John Henry?
3. Describe the bus ride to Winter Hill.
4. How does F. Jasmin end her last night with Berenice and John Henry?
5. Describe the Blue Moon.
6. Describe how Frankie feels in relation to the world.
7. Describe the argument between the monkey man and the red-haired solider.
8. How does the narrator describe the town as F. Jasmin is headed to her date?
9. Why does F. Jasmin disappear and Frances appear in Part 3?
10. What is Frankie's initial reaction to her brother's engagement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author chose to use a narrator to tell Frankie's story? Why did the author not use the first person narrative to portray her struggle to belong to a group? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the music, clocks, and Frankie's multiple name changes? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are Berenice and Frankie similar? In what ways are Bernice and Frankie different? Provide at least two examples for both questions. Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)