|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frankie think that her brother and his fiancee are meant to be?
2. How is Uncle Charles related to Frankie?
3. What does F. Jasmin do at 11:30 am on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
4. What is going on between the solider from the Blue Moon and the monkey man when F. Jasmin finds them together?
5. What outfit has Frankie worn all summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does F. Jasmin feel while on her date with the soldier? How is the soldier similar to Mr. Marlowe?
2. Describe Berenice's house.
3. What does F. Jasmin ask her father when she returns home from her date? How does her father respond?
4. Why was Frankie jealous of the soldiers? Why was F. Jasmin not jealous of the soldiers?
5. What changes does the month of November bring for Frances, Berenice, and John Henry?
6. What is Frankie's initial reaction to her brother's engagement?
7. Describe Bernice.
8. Describe the Blue Moon.
9. What are Frankie's plans for after her brother marries his bride-to-be and why does she make these plans?
10. Why is Frankie isolated by her female peers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Janice's character play in the novel? Why does the author choose to introduce Janice to reader in the manner that he does? Why is Janice's character significant? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the art of conversation significant in the novel? What role does conversation play in the novel? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the protagonist so mesmerized by the relationship between Jarvis and Janice and Berenice and her four husbands? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)