|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. Jasmin spend the Saturday before the wedding doing?
2. Why was F. Jasmin in the neighborhood of the Blue Moon?
3. What is the setting of the story?
4. Which character makes the following remark, "You know its still hard for me to realize that the world turns around at a rate of about a thousand miles an hour."
5. How old is Frankie Addams' cousin John Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Frankie.
2. What did Frankie imagine that some of the sidewalk lazies would say about her while she is working in her father's shop?
3. How does F. Jasmin feel while on her date with the soldier? How is the soldier similar to Mr. Marlowe?
4. How is the theme of interrupted music portrayed in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Describe the bus ride to Winter Hill.
6. How does F. Jasmin describe the hotel where the soldier was staying?
7. Describe John Henry.
8. Why does F. Jasmin end up sitting on Berenice's lap?
9. Why does Frankie want to change her name and to what does she wish to change it to?
10. What are Frankie's plans for after her brother marries his bride-to-be and why does she make these plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Frankie view her father over the course of the novel? Why does she view him in this way? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does dining together play in the novel? What significance does food have in the novel? Why is dining together and food significant? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author foreshadow the separation of Frankie, John Henry, and Berenice? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)