|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does Bernice say she met Ludie?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
2. What was John Henry doing when F. Jamsin eventually arrives home from her date?
(a) Eating leftovers from dinner.
(b) Playing cards with Bernice.
(c) Gazing at the stars.
(d) Looking at bats around the street lights.
3. Which one of Bernice's husbands was an alcoholic?
(a) Her second husband.
(b) Her third husband.
(c) Her fourth husband.
(d) Her first husband.
4. What does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry all do, suddenly, at the same time in the darkening kitchen?
(a) They start cleaning.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They cry.
(d) They fall asleep.
5. What food is not at F. Jasmin's last dinner with Bernice and John Henry?
(a) Corn bread.
(b) Hot baked sweet potatoes.
(d) Fried fresh-water trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the kitchen, what does Bernice do to try to calm F. Jasmin down after she is agitated?
2. Which character says, " I'll never be so glad to get to any place in all my life as Winter hill tomorrow"?
3. What time is it when Frankie arrives at Bernice's home?
4. Where does F. Jasmin suggest that Honey go?
5. What does the solider do when F. Jasmin starts towards the door?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)