|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Frankie used to do at the Blue Moon?
(a) She would stand outside on the sidewalk and listen to the radio programs.
(b) She would sit outside of the Blue Moon in hopes that she would see her brother when he came to town.
(c) She would meet up with friends outside of the Blue Moon.
(d) She stood outside on the sidewalk with her nose pressed against the screen door and watch the customers.
2. What was the nationality of the Blue Moon's owner?
3. What color are Frankie's eyes at the start of Part 1, when she is instructed by Bernice to look in the mirror?
4. What is the name of Frankie's cat?
5. What is Bernice's profession?
(a) She is a babysitter.
(b) She is a gardener.
(c) She is a housekeeper.
(d) She is a cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the story?
2. In Part I, what happens to Frankie's best friend?
3. What kind of shoes does F. Jasmin have on when she runs into the soldier from the Blue Moon?
4. What time does F. Jasmin agree to meet the soldier for a date?
5. What does F. Jasmin do at 11:30 am on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Big Mama's words foreshadow what will happen at the wedding?
2. Describe Bernice.
3. How does Mr. Addams respond to F. Jasmin's news that she is not returning after the wedding?
4. What realization does F. Jasmin have about Mr. Addams in Part 2, Chapter 1? Why does she have this realization?
5. How does Frankie describe her experience of seeing the two boys out of the corner of her eye to Berenice?
6. Describe the argument between the man with the monkey and the red-haired solider from the Blue Moon.
7. Why does Frankie change her name to F. Jasmin? Why is this change necessary?
8. What are Frankie's plans for after her brother marries his bride-to-be and why does she make these plans?
9. What is the point of Berenice's stories about her past husbands? Why does she share the story with F. Jasmin?
10. Describe Berenice's house.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)