|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the story?
2. Why did Frankie envy solders?
(a) Because they were able to donate blood.
(b) Because they wore uniforms.
(c) Because they were able to drink beer.
(d) Because they could travel and they were included in the war.
3. Who color hair does the solider F. Jasmin speaks with at the Blue Moon have?
4. What kind of shoes does F. Jasmin have on when she runs into the soldier from the Blue Moon?
(a) Pink flip flops.
(b) Black pumps.
(c) White sneakers.
(d) Red sandles.
5. When Frankie becomes angry because she does not feel like sleeping over at her house, what reason does she give John Henry for inviting him?
(a) She tells him that she only invited him because Jarvis wanted to see him.
(b) She tells him that she only invited him because he looked so ugly and lonesome.
(c) She tells him that she only invited him because her father told her to invite him.
(d) She tells him that she only invited him because she didn't have anything else to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. Jasmin do at 11:30 am on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
2. Why was F. Jasmin in the neighborhood of the Blue Moon?
3. What did Jarvis send Frankie three months after she sent her initial gift?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, which character says, "At one time Uncle Charles was one of the leading citizens."
5. Where does Frankie work on Saturday mornings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Big Mama's words foreshadow what will happen at the wedding?
2. Who is Lily Mae Jenkins?
3. Why was Frankie jealous of the soldiers? Why was F. Jasmin not jealous of the soldiers?
4. Describe F. Jasmin's schoolmate. What does F. Jasmin discuss with her schoolmate? Where do they go together and what do they do when they get there?
5. What brings the wedding feeling back to F. Jasmin on her way home?
6. What does Berenice translate what she thinks F. Jasmin is saying? How does this help F. Jasmin?
7. Describe the Blue Moon.
8. How does F. Jasmin differ from Frankie?
9. Describe Berenice's house.
10. Who are the Marlowe's, what is their relationship to Frankie and her family, and why do they no longer live in the front bedroom?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)