|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was F. Jasmin in the neighborhood of the Blue Moon?
(a) Because John Henry told her to meet him at the Blue Moon.
(b) Because she thought Jarvis and Janice would be there.
(c) Because she followed the sounds of the monkey and the monkey man.
(d) Because she always hung out at the Blue Moon.
2. Who is the first person on the Saturday before the wedding to speak to F. Jasmin while she is in town?
(a) The owner of the Blue Moon.
(b) The monkey man.
(c) The solider from the Blue Moon.
(d) Mr. Addams.
3. Who is the first person that F. Jasmin shares her post-wedding plans with while at the Blue Moon?
(a) The monkey man.
(b) A friend from school.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The Blue Moon's owner.
4. What is Frankie's birth month?
5. What is Bernice's profession?
(a) She is a babysitter.
(b) She is a housekeeper.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Frankie's mother die?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, which character says, "At one time Uncle Charles was one of the leading citizens."
3. How old was Frankie when her grandmother died?
4. Which war takes place during this novel?
5. How old was Berenice when she married her first husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does F. Jasmin end her last night with Berenice and John Henry?
2. Why does F. Jasmin disappear and Frances appear in Part 3?
3. What did Frankie imagine that some of the sidewalk lazies would say about her while she is working in her father's shop?
4. Why is Frankie isolated by her female peers?
5. According to the narrator, how does Frances think John Henry viewed the wedding? How did Frances think Berenice viewed the wedding?
6. How does the narrator describe the town as F. Jasmin is headed to her date?
7. Describe Frankie.
8. What are two of Frankie's fears and why does she have these fears?
9. How does F. Jasmin differ from Frankie?
10. How does F. Jasmin connect with Berenice?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)