|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What times does F. Jasmin begin to eat her last dinner with Bernice and John Henry?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
2. How does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry know that the last afternoon in the kitchen is over?
(a) Bernice leaves to go home.
(b) Mr. Addams returns home from work.
(c) F. Jasmin goes to room to pack her belongings.
(d) John Henry leaves to go home.
3. Which character says, "If it's anything I mortally despise it's a person who starts out to tell something and works up people's interest and then stops"?
(b) F. Jasmin.
(c) Solider from the Blue Moon.
(d) John Henry.
4. Why does F. Jasmin go to Bernice's house?
(a) To escape her house.
(b) To talk to Bernice about her soldier friend.
(c) To meet Bernice's new beau.
(d) To have her fortune told by Bernice's mother.
5. What type of dress does F. Jasmin plan on wearing to the wedding?
(a) A strapless gown.
(b) A gown with a long train.
(c) A long sleeved gown.
(d) A spaghetti strap gown.
6. What is Bernice's mom's name?
(a) Itsy Bitsy.
(b) Little Bits.
(c) Mama B.
(d) Big Mama.
7. What does F. Jasmin stop to look at on her way to Bernice's house?
(a) The jail.
(b) The Blue Moon.
(c) The department store.
(d) The school house.
8. As F. Jasmin gets agitated at twilight on the day before the wedding, what does she do?
(a) She screams loudly at John Henry and Bernice.
(b) She paces around the table waving a knife.
(c) She pulls wildly at her hair.
(d) She threatens to shoot the bride and groom if they do not take her with them.
9. Which of the following was not on the parlor table at Bernice's house?
(a) A dream book.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A jellyglass of water.
(d) A Cuban hat.
10. What does the sign above the sign above the sink in the Blue Moon hotel read?
(a) Strictly Washing.
(b) No Dumping.
(c) No Washing.
(d) No Loitering.
11. What did F. Jasmin suspect was in the drink that the solider from the Blue Moon gave her?
(c) Pineapple juice.
12. While talking to John Henry after her date, what does Frankie eat to get the disgust in her mouth to go away?
(a) A bowl full of grapes.
(b) A handful of raisins.
(c) A tablespoon of sugar.
(d) Six tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.
13. What was F. Jasmin's favorite food?
(a) Corn bread.
(c) The ham knuckle.
14. While on her date with the solider, what time does the soldier tell F. Jasmin that the band starts to play?
(a) 10:00 pm.
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 9:00 pm.
15. What does the solider do when F. Jasmin starts towards the door?
(a) Tackles her.
(b) Starts yelling at her.
(c) Pulls her to him on the bed.
(d) Wrestles her to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, time in August could be divided into four parts. What is not one of those parts?
2. What happens when Bernice tries to reason with Frankie about her wedding plans?
3. In the kitchen, what does Bernice do to try to calm F. Jasmin down after she is agitated?
4. What color is the dress that F. Jasmin plans on wearing to the wedding?
5. What was John Henry doing when F. Jamsin eventually arrives home from her date?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)