|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry all do, suddenly, at the same time in the darkening kitchen?
(a) They start cleaning.
(b) They fall asleep.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They cry.
2. According to the narrator, time in August could be divided into four parts. What is not one of those parts?
3. How does F. Jasmin, Bernice, and John Henry know that the last afternoon in the kitchen is over?
(a) Mr. Addams returns home from work.
(b) John Henry leaves to go home.
(c) F. Jasmin goes to room to pack her belongings.
(d) Bernice leaves to go home.
4. How does F. Jasmin knock the solider out?
(a) She hits him in the head with a baseball bat.
(b) She hits him over the head with a lead pipe.
(c) She breaks a glass water pitcher over his head.
(d) She hits him over the head with a water basin.
5. How long ago does Bernice say she met Ludie?
(a) 30 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
6. Instead of taking F. Jasmin dancing, where does the solider take her instead?
(a) His room.
(b) A local bar.
(c) Back home.
(d) The banks of the river.
7. Where did Bernice and Ludie get married?
(a) Holy Redeemer Church.
(b) Welcome Ascension Church.
(c) New First Baptist Church.
(d) New Bible Church.
8. As F. Jasmin gets agitated at twilight on the day before the wedding, what does she do?
(a) She pulls wildly at her hair.
(b) She screams loudly at John Henry and Bernice.
(c) She threatens to shoot the bride and groom if they do not take her with them.
(d) She paces around the table waving a knife.
9. What type of dress does F. Jasmin plan on wearing to the wedding?
(a) A strapless gown.
(b) A spaghetti strap gown.
(c) A long sleeved gown.
(d) A gown with a long train.
10. What does Bernice ask F. Jasmin to do in order to change the subject?
(a) Tell about Uncle Charles.
(b) Teach her how to make a biscuit man.
(c) Tell about her date with the solider.
(d) Model her dress for the wedding.
11. What does the solider do when F. Jasmin starts towards the door?
(a) Wrestles her to the floor.
(b) Tackles her.
(c) Starts yelling at her.
(d) Pulls her to him on the bed.
12. What does F. Jasmin say she will do if her brother and the bride do not take her with them?
(a) She will hide in their car.
(b) She will run away with her solider.
(c) She will shoot herself in the head.
(d) She will live with John Henry's family.
13. Who was Ludie Freeman?
(a) Bernice's fourth husband who was killed in the military.
(b) Bernice's second husband who cheated on her with another woman.
(c) Bernice's third husband who abused her.
(d) Bernice's first husband and the only man she truely loved.
14. What color are John Henry's eyes?
15. Which character warns, "Sure enough. I'm perfectly serious. It don't do you any good to mess around between Forks Falls and this town. I've seen a whole lot of pictures of Cubans and Mexicans. They have a good time"?
(a) F. Jasmin.
(d) John Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What no longer scares F. Jasmin now that she knows she is leaving?
2. What was John Henry doing when F. Jamsin eventually arrives home from her date?
3. Where does F. Jasmin suggest that Honey go?
4. What happens when Bernice tries to reason with Frankie about her wedding plans?
5. What time is it when Frankie arrives at Bernice's home?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)