|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Berenice's first husband?
(a) Samuel Kemp.
(b) Ludie Freeman.
(c) Lorenzo Johnson.
(d) James Claiborne.
2. Why did Frankie envy solders?
(a) Because they were able to drink beer.
(b) Because they were able to donate blood.
(c) Because they could travel and they were included in the war.
(d) Because they wore uniforms.
3. What was Jarvis's position in the army?
4. Who came to take care of Frankie after her mom died?
(b) Frankie's Aunt Pet.
(c) Frankie's Uncle Ustace.
(d) Frankie's grandmother.
5. What is the name of Frankie's cat?
6. What does F. Jasmin wear on the Saturday before the wedding?
(a) Her school clothes.
(b) A torn t-shirt and cowboy boots.
(c) Overalls and a t-shirt.
(d) Her best pink organdy dress.
7. Why does Frankie think that her brother and his fiancee are meant to be?
(a) Because they like the same kinds of foods.
(b) Because they share the same favorite color.
(c) Because their names begin with the same two letters.
(d) Because they both are from Alabama.
8. What does the solider order for F.Jasmin at the Blue Moon?
(a) A beer.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A Coca-Cola.
9. What is going on between the solider from the Blue Moon and the monkey man when F. Jasmin finds them together?
(a) They are talking about F. Jasmin.
(b) They are playing with the monkey.
(c) They are both playing instruments.
(d) They are in a quarrel.
10. Why did Frankie never enter into the the Blue Moon?
(a) Because her father told her not to enter the establishment.
(b) Because the owner told her that she was not welcome in the establishment.
(c) Because there were laws to keep her out of the establishment.
(d) Because she knew that she had no valid right to enter the establishment.
11. Who is the first person on the Saturday before the wedding to speak to F. Jasmin while she is in town?
(a) The owner of the Blue Moon.
(b) The monkey man.
(c) The solider from the Blue Moon.
(d) Mr. Addams.
12. What color are Frankie's eyes at the start of Part 1, when she is instructed by Bernice to look in the mirror?
13. What does F. Jasmin's father wear on the Saturday before the wedding?
(a) Blue jeans, black shirt, and dirty shoes.
(b) Brown shorts, red shirt, and a military I.D.
(c) Overalls, white t-shirt, and Mexican hat.
(d) Grey trousers, blue shirt, and tie.
14. Who does Frankie's father tell her is looking for her while she is traveling around town on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
(d) John Henry.
15. What did Frankie shoplift from Sears and Roebuck?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pocketknife.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A wrench.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, which character says, "At one time Uncle Charles was one of the leading citizens."
2. What type of pass does the solider from the Blue Moon have?
3. Where does Frankie's brother and his bride-to-be plan to hold their wedding?
4. What is Bernice's profession?
5. Who is Frankie's best friend?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)