|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F.Jasmin realize about the soldier as they sat in the Blue Moon to talk to each other?
(a) F. Jasmin realizes that the soldier has been discharged from the military.
(b) F. Jasmin realises that that soldier knows Jarvis.
(c) F. Jasmin realizes that the soldier thinks she is much older than she really is.
(d) F. Jasmin realizes that the solider has not traveled overseas.
2. What happens to Uncle Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He is fasely accused of a crime and arrested.
(b) He is hospitalized.
(c) He divorces Aunt Pet.
(d) He dies.
3. Which character makes the following remark, "You know its still hard for me to realize that the world turns around at a rate of about a thousand miles an hour."
(a) John Henry.
4. What does F. Jasmin do at 11:30 am on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
(a) Rides her bike to the department store.
(b) Meets up with a girl friend from school.
(c) Stops at Mr. Addams' jewlery store.
(d) Eats lunch at a the Blue Moon.
5. What does F. Jasmin say is her favorite color?
6. Who color hair does the solider F. Jasmin speaks with at the Blue Moon have?
7. What outfit has Frankie worn all summer?
(a) Her school clothes.
(b) Shorts and a Mexican hat.
(c) A summer dress.
(d) Jeans and a baseball jersey.
8. What was the name of Berenice's first husband?
(a) Ludie Freeman.
(b) Samuel Kemp.
(c) Lorenzo Johnson.
(d) James Claiborne.
9. How much time did Jarvis spend in Alaska?
(a) Almost 3 years.
(b) Almost 2 years.
(c) Almost 1 year.
(d) Almost 4 years.
10. Where does the solider suggest he and F. Jasmin go on their date?
(a) The Blue Moon.
(b) The Idle Hour.
(c) The Happy Spot.
(d) The Green Room.
11. Why did Frankie never enter into the the Blue Moon?
(a) Because she knew that she had no valid right to enter the establishment.
(b) Because there were laws to keep her out of the establishment.
(c) Because her father told her not to enter the establishment.
(d) Because the owner told her that she was not welcome in the establishment.
12. When Frankie becomes angry because she does not feel like sleeping over at her house, what reason does she give John Henry for inviting him?
(a) She tells him that she only invited him because he looked so ugly and lonesome.
(b) She tells him that she only invited him because Jarvis wanted to see him.
(c) She tells him that she only invited him because her father told her to invite him.
(d) She tells him that she only invited him because she didn't have anything else to do.
13. On what day of the week does Jarvis get married?
14. Why was F. Jasmin in the neighborhood of the Blue Moon?
(a) Because she always hung out at the Blue Moon.
(b) Because John Henry told her to meet him at the Blue Moon.
(c) Because she followed the sounds of the monkey and the monkey man.
(d) Because she thought Jarvis and Janice would be there.
15. Who does Frankie's father tell her is looking for her while she is traveling around town on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
(c) John Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the story?
2. In Part I, what happens to Frankie's best friend?
3. Who came to take care of Frankie after her mom died?
4. What kind of shoes does F. Jasmin have on when she runs into the soldier from the Blue Moon?
5. How old was Frankie when her grandmother died?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)