|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frankie's mother die?
(a) When Frankie was 6 years old.
(b) When Frankie was 4 years old.
(c) When Frankie was born.
(d) When Frankie was 2 years old.
2. Which character says, "It seems like I've seen you somewhere before. Do you ever go dancing at the Idle Hour?"
(a) The monkey man.
(b) The soldier from the Blue Moon.
(d) F. Jasmin.
3. How is Uncle Charles related to Frankie?
(a) Uncle Charles was the brother of Mr. Addams.
(b) Uncle Charles was the brother of Frankie's mother.
(c) Uncle Charles was the friend of the family.
(d) Uncle Charles was the great uncle of John Henry West.
4. How many times had Berenice been married?
(a) One time.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. During what month does the story take place?
6. Why is Frankie not a member of the club in her neighborhood?
(a) Because the club members said she was too young and mean.
(b) Because the club members do not think that she dresses well.
(c) Because the club members do not like her.
(d) Because the club members said that she does not have enough money.
7. What state is the soldier from the Blue Moon originally from?
8. What is the setting of the story?
9. Who is Frankie's best friend?
(a) Sally Winters.
(b) Evelyn Owen.
(c) Jane Taylor.
(d) Cindy Johnson.
10. What is Bernice's profession?
(a) She is a babysitter.
(b) She is a gardener.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a housekeeper.
11. What does F. Jasmin do at 11:30 am on the Saturday before Jarvis's wedding?
(a) Eats lunch at a the Blue Moon.
(b) Stops at Mr. Addams' jewlery store.
(c) Rides her bike to the department store.
(d) Meets up with a girl friend from school.
12. What does F.Jasmin realize about the soldier as they sat in the Blue Moon to talk to each other?
(a) F. Jasmin realizes that the soldier has been discharged from the military.
(b) F. Jasmin realizes that the soldier thinks she is much older than she really is.
(c) F. Jasmin realises that that soldier knows Jarvis.
(d) F. Jasmin realizes that the solider has not traveled overseas.
13. What are Frankie's plans after the wedding?
(a) Frankie plans to go with the bride and the groom.
(b) Frankie plans to run away with her boyfriend.
(c) Frankie plans to move in with John Henry.
(d) Frankie plans to remain at home with her father.
14. What time does F. Jasmin agree to meet the soldier for a date?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 9:00 pm.
(d) 7:00 pm.
15. Why did Frankie envy solders?
(a) Because they could travel and they were included in the war.
(b) Because they were able to drink beer.
(c) Because they wore uniforms.
(d) Because they were able to donate blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frankie's father's shop located?
2. What did Jarvis send Frankie three months after she sent her initial gift?
3. Where does Frankie work on Saturday mornings?
4. Why did Frankie never enter into the the Blue Moon?
5. What is going on between the solider from the Blue Moon and the monkey man when F. Jasmin finds them together?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)